DVDVR Message Board

RIC FLAIR HEALTH CONDITION THREAD

I am hoping Ric does not have a failing heart because if he might need a transplant, his rampant drinking would almost certainly disqualify him for one i'd imagine.

Maybe it's something more routine like a valve replacement or a pacemaker. But man, its amazing and scary to think he was wrestling with a bad heart in TNA. Didn't they think he almost had a legit heart attack during the last match he had with Sting?

15 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I am hoping Ric does not have a failing heart because if he might need a transplant, his rampant drinking would almost certainly disqualify him for one i'd imagine.

Maybe it's something more routine like a valve replacement or a pacemaker. But man, its amazing and scary to think he was wrestling with a bad heart in TNA. Didn't they think he almost had a legit heart attack during the last match he had with Sting?

I vaguely remember that but I feel like it ended up being related to his recurring rotator cuff issue 

I have a pacemaker. Really easy surgery, and would not be described as extremely serious, so rule that out. Maybe he just needed a valve replacement but the news does not sound good right now.

Hoping Naitch pulls through, and makes the proper changes to keep on living.

Meltzer said there weren't any cancer issues but I can't imagine any other "serious" condition requiring colon surgery other than that. 

I would definitely take Okerlund as a more reliable source at this point though. 

Certainly not an expert on colons(insert Primo/Epico joke) but maybe a perforation or some type of internal bleeding as opposed to cancer? Those coupled with heart issues could be more serious than those issues strictly on their own.

I did see this this evening from his agency(although with their track record on this from the beginning........)

Per Meltzer on WOR

- He confirmed that Flair's surgery was colon surgery (he had a colon blockage). The blockage is what started the other issues.

- He believes Flair is on kidney dialysis (at least for now)

- It was real bad yesterday around the time yesterday you started seeing all the "thoughts and pray" tweets and it didn't look good. Flair being able to make it through surgery was "good" (as much as surgery can be)