DVDVR Message Board

SDL is TULLY THE HORSE 8/8/17

Niners Fan in CT

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

AA!

nZLqzP.gif

And this right here is the sole reason this was hilarious. I tried not laugh, and I was all ready to write a diatribe about how these skits were no better than the skits GLOW used do, but as soon as I saw Arn's face, I burst out laughing. 

• Like 1

Last week I hoped we'd get a Dougie reference and that exceeded expectations.  Arn was incredible.

Smackdown continues to be the far superior weekly show, but because the matches tend to give the wrestlers plenty of time to properly tell stories and put out a decent product it only allows for time to get so much of the roster on the show.

The Fashion Police stole the show for me with the Arn reveal.

Charlotte/Lana was fun. I kind of like what they are doing with Lana and Tamina though I was really hoping their teaming was due to Rusev paying off Tamina. Naomi/Carmella seemed decent enough though the crowd cheering for Ellsworth was depressing. It wasn't even a surprise really but still.

Everything else was generally decent with Orton/Jinder delivering a solid main event. I was hoping Rusev would interrupt earlier though if only to keep Orton from having a win against Jinder in the feud.

43 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Did Cena mean to steal Hunter's bit and call Corbin skinny-fat? Are we really comparing Corbin to Punk?

Was that not part of the sign Cena was quoting? I didn't get a good look at it.

Logic dictates that Corbin should pick up the win over Cena since he's going out of his way to bring down Corbin but WWE logic dictates that Cena has to go over if Corbin is cashing it later in the evening. I wonder if WWE would do something screwy like having Nak/Jinder go on before Cena/Corbin so the WWE Title changes hands three times in one night Jinder -> Nakamura ->Corbin -> Cena .

Nakamura winning the title, then losing to a Corbin cash in would make Nak look so bad. Corbin should be a failed cash in attempt. I think looking good, but just coming up short would do more for him than actually winning the title this early. Corbin was the worst choice to win that MITB match. He's improved from nxt, but he's a long way from being ready for a title run.

I marked for Lost Highway and The Elephant Man being worked into this week's Fashion Files. Plus, Wild Samoans at Heart.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Nakamura winning the title, then losing to a Corbin cash in would make Nak look so bad. 

Considering Corbin has jumped him like... three or four times now, yeah, Nakamura really should see it coming by now, and guard against the cash in. Maybe he's under the impression the briefcase is null until January?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Speaking of dumpster fires, what the fuck was that shit new music Corbin had tonight? Did WWE not think he already looked enough like the world's most depressed Queensryche fan?

Quite a few people recently got new/altered entrances: Rollins, Corbin, Kalisto, Jordan..heck Big Cass got three different songs in one month.

God damn the ending of the show, sorry. I was half zoned out because, well, why not? Orton beats the world champion, clean. I'm thinking how absurd it is, and then when I come to, YES it's Rusev attacking Randy and it goes off the air there? Wtf? What is this, Nitro? I wanna see Rusev kick some ass, damn it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Quite a few people recently got new/altered entrances: Rollins, Corbin, Kalisto, Jordan..heck Big Cass got three different songs in one month.

Jordan and Cass had gimmick changes. Rollins and the Usos just got tweaks to existing music. Corbin's old theme was good and fit his gimmick and entrance perfectly. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

And yet Lana's theme which sounds like Manhattan Transfer made an album using only kazoos survives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I mean, the could have put up a picture of the bee from Bee Movie and said "John Cena", but what do I know.  

Also, Kevin Owens was in prime shit-stirrer mode last night.  I mean, it's not going to translate into a win, but Dickhead KO is best KO. 

• Like 2