DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Bayley Booed in Bizarroland - 8/7/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Bayley getting booed sucked, but I expected it. Was a little surprised that she got a pinch heelish about the reaction. I really don't see any sort of heel turn going well for her though the setup is kind of there.

Roman vs. Braun was awesome once again. That chair toss was insane. The ramp spear was great though still not on the level of the one he did I think to Show several years ago.

I'm not surprised Bayley is getting booed. She started getting booed at Full Sail when she stayed on too long. They should have never given her the Raw women's title. At least wait a year or 2.

Braun vs Roman was excellent. I can't wait for Braun vs Joe or Braun vs Miz.

• Like 1

My favorite crowd of the year thus far. Massive pop for Brock in the opening seg was cool then finally drowning out bayley with the boos. Love it. Whole thing seemed unnecessary anyways. Alexa/Sasha was what SummerSlam always should've been in the first place, building off last month's inconclusive ending rather than going backwards in feuds. The three ways were both fun but short. Sucked that Emma had to take the fall as usual but thought she looked great in the time given, the other being a solid Nia showcase where she just smashed both.

Really liked the Ambrose/Cesaro match, they got a ton of time and had lots of cool spots throughout. Rollins being a dick afterwards made no sense after earlier asking Dean what he had to do to get him to accept him plus the crowd was actually super hot for the fist bump tease so it felt like the right time to just go ahead and do it.

Awesome main event of course. Braun's chair toss being the definite highlight. Most I've overall enjoyed Raw in awhile.

18 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

I'm not surprised Bayley is getting booed. She started getting booed at Full Sail when she stayed on too long. They should have never given her the Raw women's title. At least wait a year or 2.

I was thinking the opposite. When they brought her up they should have run with a long title run right away before this effect took hold. This is what happens when you don't capitalize while someone is hot and instead do the whole "let's have them pay their dues for awhile" thing they do with everyone. Like they think someone will stay hot forever and they can take as long as they want before making them "the guy" and then years later they're surprised when they finally want to pull the trigger that the person isn't hot anymore.

They've left so much money on the table that way.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

It truly was Bizzaro Land as Toronto cheered a Quebecer. I loved the fact that Jordan got booed though, his act is stale in record time. Hopefully he gets a heel turn soon.

And another Sasha/Nia match?

Dont know if he's really from Quebec but probably got some cheers by being local indy worker Goliath Ayala

57 minutes ago, piranesi said:

When I think of Toronto neckbeards I only want to think of dudes hanging out at Cosmos Records complaining that there's too many Platinum Blonde albums in the discount bin.

Toronto neckbeards are more along the lines of Killer Dwarfs types, and swearing their first crush was Lee Aaron, mattering little they were born well after Metal Queen. But only publicly. Behind closed doors they've almost worn out their Celine Dion cassettes, especially the French ones. 

I disliked that opening segment because it basically kills the one over heel act men's you have on Raw (Not counting Roman).  All I could think of watching it, is how  much better Summerslam would be if you'd had Strowman end up with the World Title pre-Summerslam, run with the Reigns-Strowman-Joe match at SS.  Have Brock come out to talk about leaving, have Miz come out to make fun of him, then have a solid month or more of Brock trying to get at Miz, only for Miz to constantly escape, then run Miz-Brock at SS and just have it be a total squash match of Lesnar steamrolling Miz.  Or else have Miz bring in the AOP as his back-up to save him from a Brock beating.  Then if Lesnar leaves you can have Miz crow about being the guy who ran Lesnar out of WWE.

Also, that move Jason Jordan does in the corner where he launches himself like a spear into the opponents midsection is beyond stupid.  Like, it looks really good, but Jordan is going to be out of wrestling in 2-3 years if he keeps that up, way too much impact on his neck.

9 minutes ago, caley said:

Also, that move Jason Jordan does in the corner where he launches himself like a spear into the opponents midsection is beyond stupid.  Like, it looks really good, but Jordan is going to be out of wrestling in 2-3 years if he keeps that up, way too much impact on his neck.

He has been wrestling for around six years already and was doing that move in AA.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

He has been wrestling for around six years already and was doing that move in AA.

Oh I know that and look at the impact.  He's not going to last much longer.  Most of the guys who did the spear or a variation of it have had massive neck/back problems.  Even a guy like Rhyno who's built like a refrigerator had neck surgery.  It just seems like a terrible choice of a set-up  move (He never finishes anyone with it) that is going to destroy his neck really really quickly.