DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Bayley Booed in Bizarroland - 8/7/2017

Dolfan in NYC

1) That main event was awesome. Braun tossing that chair was the bset.

2) Bayley getting booed isn't on her or her booking. It's on the fact that the fans were a bunch of neckbeards. There were a whooooole lot of guys who actually use the extra pockets in cargo pants there tonight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

How many neckbeards have always wanted to throw their computer chairs at Roman? 

0g5r55.gif

Moreso at the 70 year old man responsible for the neverending Roman push. Roman is just the puppet, not the puppetmaster.

I kind of love that as a heel commentator, Booker doesn't support the bad guys but he's just a fucking downer. He just concern trolls the fuck out of everyone.

"Bayley has a lot of spirit but you know in this business out of sight out of mind and I could see people just forgetting about her once she's out the picture. It's too bad."

"You know Finn is a cool guy and in this business you gotta believe you can walk through fire but it gets hard and it wears a guy like this down...I'm worried about his longevity, dog!"

"Seth is doing all he can but once you've exposed your soul to the world it's hard to get a second chance. They just pile on the rest of your life, dog, and before you know it you're driving alone and creative stops thinking about you like a team player and then it gets hard to pack that bag and make it to another city. I like Seth but I think he's in crisis and if any of his relatives out there are watching please call him immediately."

• Like 13
  • Haha 5

At Braun's chair toss from behind the barricade into a charging ace: Huh, I guess everything *is* evil. (To be clear, this is neither a complaint nor an accusation that anyone is ripping off anyone else. Just good timing.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

It truly was Bizzaro Land as Toronto cheered a Quebecer. I loved the fact that Jordan got booed though, his act is stale in record time. Hopefully he gets a heel turn soon.

And another Sasha/Nia match?

I liked the "Lets go jobber" chant for the Jewish Quebecer.

This company is really tone deaf if we don't get a Jordan heel turn soon. I could do without another Sasha/Nia match for a long, long time. I'm sick as hell of them being paired together.

The Jordan thing was supposed to be a heel move, right? I know they're not sure what a babyface is but having him call out some jobber isn't a babyface move.

The Bayley deal - man, this is Shawn '96 and Diesel '95 territory. She's so vanilla and so earnest. The fans shitting on a legit injury is awful and I'm not going to blame bad booking on that. The fans have just decided that she's a geek or some shit and that's that. For all the talk of her appealing to little girls, by and large crowds just aren't made up of that. 

I *think* she could end up being a great cocky heel. Her somewhat whiny exasperation was the realest emotion she's shown on the main roster.

The WWE could have a great heel stable by just pairing everyone they've portrayed as white mean babyfaces to come out and mock the dudes in the crowd who boo them.    

Has Bayley had any experience dealing with getting the wrong reaction? She did, like, the worst thing you could do. I wasn't paying close attention at the time and I didn't hear any of the boos until she said "I don't know why you are booing?"

Isn't there a class on what not to do? Like "don't react to getting a few boos like you're running for local office and have never spoken in public before."?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

Has Bayley had any experience dealing with getting the wrong reaction? She did, like, the worst thing you could do. I wasn't paying close attention at the time and I didn't hear any of the boos until she said "I don't know why you are booing?"

Isn't there a class on what not to do? Like "don't react to getting a few boos like you're running for local office and have never spoken in public before."?

Live, I wanted to say they expected her to get booed and told her to be whiny. It was a little Bret Hart '97ish. Her complaining about the boos is a heel move and they don't like people ad-libbing.

That said, they're notoriously truculent about turning anyone these days so they may have not even thought about it or just chalked it up to "Bizarro Land" or some shit. 

• Like 1

Would pay money for vid of the moment the WWE writer finished typing the line "I won't be here. I'm taking off before you have a chance to hurt me again!" and was like..."Maybe I shouldn't use this here. I still might get that call from Pretty Little Liars on my sepc script...dammit....fuck it. Don't hoard the gold."

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know what to say, really.  I mean there's a lot of dorks in these crowds and they are awful people,  especially booing a legit injury. But on the other hand Bayley probably shouldn't have gone here with it.

Now I want to boo her.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, APO said:

Ref not continuing to count Braun while Joe attacked Roman kinda bugs me. Match was fucking great, though.

Yep, this bugged me too. If it's no DQ, then why is the ref even concerned at all when Joe interferes? He should still be counting out Strowman.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

1) That main event was awesome. Braun tossing that chair was the bset.

2) Bayley getting booed isn't on her or her booking. It's on the fact that the fans were a bunch of neckbeards. There were a whooooole lot of guys who actually use the extra pockets in cargo pants there tonight.

Okay two neckbeard posts in a row is too much. Mix it up guys.

And Gregg as a WWE employee I expect more of you.

• Like 1