DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K17

Kevin Wilson

Got crushed in one league.  Really wasn't a surprise, especially after Fournette didn't play.  The other team looks good for the finals, provided Matt Ryan doesn't have the best game of his life against what's left of the Buccaneers defense.  If that doesn't happen, picking up Ezekiel Elliot off waivers last week is gonna make that team look really good on paper.

I knew I was going to lose in the DVDVR league. There are so many players on Kevin's team that I have on another team that's in the playoffs and he has Gurley. Something also told me that Gurley would go off today and he did. Losing is easy when you've accepted it an hour before the 1 pm matchups.

Although in that other league, I need 19 points from Matt Ryan and Matt Bryant to get to the championship. This wouldn't even be an issue had I started Alex Smith instead of Bryant.

The Robbie Gould move worked out very well for me too bad everyone else got hurt or shit the bed for me. 

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

I knew I was going to lose in the DVDVR league. There are so many players on Kevin's team that I have on another team that's in the playoffs and he has Gurley. Something also told me that Gurley would go off today and he did. Losing is easy when you've accepted it an hour before the 1 pm matchups.

Although in that other league, I need 19 points from Matt Ryan and Matt Bryant to get to the championship. This wouldn't even be an issue had I started Alex Smith instead of Bryant.

In the same vein as you Kareem Hunt going against me helped me in the league that I run. 

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:16 AM, Craig H said:

Yea after Gurley had 38 points at halftime I felt pretty good about the match. My team is turning it on at the right time, Gurley is a beast.

Although it sounds like your other team is built after my team, did I get you some good ideas or something ;) Although I assume Ryan and Bryant did enough to push you through unless y'all have some weird points setup.

Not that anyone else would care about this, but my brother and I have been playing FFL against each other since 2004, and this is the first year we ever met in the finals. So that's pretty cool. My team is substantially better than his, in my opinion, but anything can happen.

Thankfully, I got just a few more points than what I needed from the Matts to get to the championship. The playoffs in this league are 2 weeks so the championship goes into week 17, which is annoying. Thankfully, I don't think the Steelers will rest Bell in week 17, which gives me a shot. I'm still contemplating on picking up whoever the backup is now. Would it be Ridley? Ugh. 

Anyway, with Rodgers on the shelf in GB, I'm back to feeling better about Williams. Also not sure if I should pick up Aaron Jones. So I would start either Williams, Jones, or Hyde as my RB2. Not great, but not bad if Williams has a week like he did in 14.

16 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Not that anyone else would care about this, but my brother and I have been playing FFL against each other since 2004, and this is the first year we ever met in the finals. So that's pretty cool. My team is substantially better than his, in my opinion, but anything can happen.

I thought you guys were against each other like two years ago when he won - or was that the semis?

Jesus fuck, my matchups are the worst.

I have Bell, but need to figure out what to do with my RB 2 spot. My choices are Hyde (Jax), Williams (Minn), Davis (@Dal), and Gallman (@Ari). I lean towards Hyde just because the Vikings d line is better than the Jaguars, but Hyde has trended down since Jimmy took over at QB. At the same time, Williams looked great until Rodgers was under center, but he has to contend with a strong Vikings d line.

At WR, it's a complete shit show. AJ Green, Dez, Kupp, Goodwin, Marvin Jones, and Keelan Cole. I'm in a 2 week championship game and here I am contemplating actually benching Green for Goodwin and either Jones or Cole.

Felt weird saying goodbye to Zuerlein just now.  Of what was left on waivers Josh Lambo looked the most promising.  

Here is my championship lineup in Bold.  As always, suggestions, comments, or well wishes are accepted.  Good luck to everyone else fighting it out this weekend.

• QB: Newton (TB), Foles (Oak), Stafford (Cin)
  • RB: Freeman (NO), Hyde (Jax), Gallman (Ari), Davis (DAL), Jones (MIn)
  • WR: Thomas (Atl), Tate (Cin), Adams (MIn), Cole (SF), Funchess (TB)
  • TE: Ertz (Oak)
  • Flex:  any suggestions?
  • K: Lambo (SF)
  • DST: Ravens (Ind)

I'm feeling pretty good on my team that is in the championship.  Rodgers going back on IR made benching Nelson an easy decision.  I'm still undecided at TE, but leaning toward Olsen.  Here's what I got:

QB:  Wilson

RB: McCoy, Ingram, Elliot (Flex), Jamaal Williams, Perine

WR:  Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Jordy Nelson

TE: Olsen (Tampa), Walker (Rams)

K:  Prater

D:  Baltimore

For my 3rd place team, I'm thinking of picking up some new starters just for the hell of it, since I get nothing for third.  God help me, I'm considering picking up Bortles.

So in CBS you can start Ricky Seals-Jones at WR-TE. In my league we get 9 pts for TD's from a TE. This would still count if I play RSJ at WR. Do I play RSJ over Keelan Cole or Dede Westbrook?

My line-up:

QB - Foles

RB - Gurley

RB - Gordon

WR - M. Bryant

WR - Cole/Westbrook/RSJ

WR/TE - Gronk

K - Elliot

D - Jags

Lost A. Brown and D. Adams