DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K17

Kevin Wilson

Last week I lost by .5 points which will keep me out of the playoffs. We have a bad beat jackpot if you have the second highest score and the person who has the highest score gets money. that's $10 a week. It's up to $120 and the person who has the highest points scored who misses the playoffs gets $120.

if Antonio Brown doesn't play tonight and score 12 points, someone will hit that bad beat jackpot and I'll get nothing at all. 

I'll go 2-0 this week assuming AJ Green scores more than negative 3 points.  Of course it helped that both of my opponents had guys in their lineup that are on IR.  Gotta love folks that have given up and still have Andrew Luck on their roster.  One team has first place locked up, unless I lose next week and get outscored by the second place team by 150 points.  Other team is tied for best record in the league, but is over 200 points behind the first place team.  Been scraping by on low scoring opponents all season there.

The commissioner in one of my leagues is 0-12 for the year.  He actually did pretty well this week, but his opponent is gonna outscore everybody else this week by at least 20 points.  Don't think I've ever seen somebody go winless for the year before, but he's got a shot to do it next week.

Looks like I'm going 3-0 this week, but I'm going to miss out on the playoffs in the 2 QB league I'm in. This is the last year I'm playing in that stupid fucking league. It's only 8 guys, there's no divisions, the playoffs go until week 17, somehow the league commish has had the first pick the last 3 years, somehow that league commish makes the championship every year, that commish also vetoes trades for others but approves his own lopsided trades, you have 10 or 11 bench spots, and every year 4 or 5 teams wind up having the same record at the end of the season and it always comes down to tie breakers.

Anyway, rant over. In my 12 man PPR league and the DVDVR league, I have a chance at the first round bye. For my 12-man PPR league, I need Big Ben and Lev Bell to score 31 points combined or less. As usual, since this all comes down to a Monday, I'm probably fucked. In the DVDVR league, I need Nought the Fool to lose and for that to happen Mixon needs to score less than 10 points. So I'm probably fucked there too.

Thanks to Mixon going out, I clinched a bye in the DVDVR league.

No thanks to Big Ben and Lev Bell, I didn't clinch a bye in my other 12 man league.

Also found out that tie breakers for my 2 qb league are based on matchups so I might be in the playoffs there.

Fantasy Playoffs start for me this week, and I'm still not overall sure how I'm here, but now I'm looking at matchup hell.

Trying to decide on a QB this week. Feeling pretty confident with my Hyde and Fournette RB combo with Baldwin and Robby Anderson at WR, and Dion Lewis at Flex over Darkwa and Sanu seems completely obvious. But QB is tricky.

Josh McCown @ Denver

Dak Prescott @ NYG

Marcus Mariota @ Arizona

I actually trust the 38 year old having a career year over both the others. Every week I've started McCown he's been huge for me.

Okay, here's my receiving corps and the rbs I have sitting on my bench at the moment:

WR: Dez Bryant(@NYG), Michael Thomas(@ATL), Stefon Diggs(@CAR), Michael Crabtree(@KC), Jamison Crowder(@LAC)

RB: Peyton Barber(DET), Rex Burkhead (@MIA)

I need 3 WR and 1 of the rest for my flex spot. Leaning towards Dez/Crabtree/Thomas at WR, and either of the rbs at flex

Thanks! :)

7 hours ago, Kyle Casey said:

Okay, here's my receiving corps and the rbs I have sitting on my bench at the moment:

WR: Dez Bryant(@NYG), Michael Thomas(@ATL), Stefon Diggs(@CAR), Michael Crabtree(@KC), Jamison Crowder(@LAC)

RB: Peyton Barber(DET), Rex Burkhead (@MIA)

I need 3 WR and 1 of the rest for my flex spot. Leaning towards Dez/Crabtree/Thomas at WR, and either of the rbs at flex

Thanks! :)

Flex Burkhead 

Wrs Thomas, Crabtree, Crowder 

In my 12 man PPR league, for 2 or 3 days leading up to my playoff match, I debated on starting Goff or McCown. Saturday I basically settled on Goff. So that worked out well.

My other conundrum was deciding who to flex, Robby or Cupp. I kept thinking about about flexing Cupp to pair him up with Goff, but thought that Robby was the better WR and I could split the difference. I figured I would decide on Sunday. Next thing I knew it was 4:30 pm on Sunday and I forgot to look at Robby and Cupp one last time. Went with Robby.

Had I gone with Cupp, I would only be down by 5 points with Kenyan Drake to go vs my opponent's Jarvis Landry.

Same deal as last week...I need 3 WRs and my flex spot from:

Michael Thomas (vs. NYJ), Michael Crabtree (vs. DAL), Stefon Diggs (CIN), Dez Bryant (@ OAK), Jamison Crowder (vs. ARI), and Rex Burkhead (@ PIT)

I'm leaning towards Thomas/Crabtree/Dez, with Burkhead in the flex spot

Thanks for your help!