DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K17

Kevin Wilson

Oh yeah?

I lost Olsen and Eifert, I just lost Watson, I started two guys this week that wound up getting in fights (Green and Hyde), I'm a Hopkins owner, and Doug Martin got me ZERO points.

That said, I'm somehow winning. As soon as Watson's injury hit sleeperbot I went and grabbed Goff (Mariota is my other QB) and I started Goff this week, Hyde at least got me 21 points before he was ejected, which is 20 more than Green, Hopkins was lucky enough to have Savage find him for a TD, I flexed Robby Anderson to ride the hot hand, Engram continues to be one of my best draft picks, and Zuerlein is my secret weapon. So despite 0 from Martin, 1 from Green, and 5 from the Panthers D, I have 123 points.

By the way, Zuerlein and Engram continue to save my ass. Zuerlein's numbers this year are just stupid: 12, 9, 12, 27, 4, 11, 17, and 17. It's like having another very consistent RB2 or WR2.

So I need 16.56 points from the Carolina D tonight to beat Rippa because I got a combined 10.6 points from Ted Ginn Jr., Leonard Fournette, Adrian Peterson, and Cameron Brate.  Of course, I flipped a coin on starting Ginn or Sterling Shepard, who proceeded to put up 20.7 points on my bench.  I hate this game.

And I need to hope that Ed Dickson doesn't score 12 or more points so I can win my matchup in the DVDVR league.

In my 2 QB league, I need to hope that Funchess doesn't score 22 or more to win my matchup there.

So yeah, Funchess will get about 30+ points and Dickson will get about 20+ points.

On 11/13/2017 at 8:53 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

The Giants offense has been really good for me, I may just roll with them a few more weeks since I think I got the playoffs locked up.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Sad 1

I'm 7-4 in spite of the fact that I've used 28 different starters this year. The list as of right now.

QB: Derek Carr (Week 1, 2, 3, 9, 11) Dak Prescott (Week 4, 5, 7, 8) Carson Palmer (Week 6), Josh McCown (Week 10)

RB: David Johnson (Week 1), Carlos Hyde (Week 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) Leonard Fournette (Week 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11) Dion Lewis (Week 8, 11) Orleans Darkwa (Week 11)

WR: Doug Baldwin (Week 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11) Kelvin Benjamin (Week 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8) Martavius Bryant (Week 3, 4, 6) Sterling Shepard (Week 5,) Jermaine Kearse (Week 5, 6, 7) Nelson Agholor (Week 7, 8, 9) Robby Anderson (Week 9, 10) Robert Woods (Week 10, 11)

TE: Martellus Bennett (Week 1, 2, 3, 6) Charles Clay (Week 2, 4, 5) George Kittle (Week 7) A.J. Derby (Week 8, 9) Tyler Kroft (Week 10, 11)

K: Phil Dawson (Week 1, 2) Giorgio Tavecchio (Week 3, 4) Greg Zuerlein (Week 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11) Kai Forbath (Week 8)

DEF: Steelers (Week 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10) 49ers (Week 9) Chargers (Week 11)

I have no clue how I'm in 1st in my conference with 2 weeks before the playoffs with this ragtag bunch.

Went 0-3 in my leagues, 7-4 in two of them, 5-6 in another where I've lost 4 weeks in a row now. That league pisses me off to no end. Each week I lost on Monday after going into Monday with a substantial lead. Last night, once again, I was setup to win until the Falcons decided to stop playing D and let Wilson score a million points.

I also find it strange when there is a team that manages to drag other teams down to their level. In my 12 man PPR league, I'm in first with most points for. With a couple exceptions, I've had the most points for every week. My opponent for the week that just ended constantly is last in points for and somehow each team they play manages to score the lowest amount of points in their season. So it was my turn and instead of scoring 120 to 140 points, I scored 80 fucking points. EIGHTY. Goff - 9 pts, Engram - 1 pt, Legatron - 1 pt, Martin - 5 pts...What really sucks is that if AJ Green gets used better I wind up winning. Hell, if anyone hits their averages for the season I win because my opponent only scored 88 points.

And then there's the DVDVR league where I got negative points for Dak. I get that Zeke and Smith are great players, but Dak looks like he's just totally checked out. Come the fuck on. NEGATIVE POINTS?! Ugh...

Weird week for fantasy.   

Looked bad to win in either league after team 1 underachieved and team 2 ran into Antonio Brown Thursday night. 

Team 1 got dragged back into contention by Cousins and the Jags D (Hey Yahoo, still think Andrew Luck was a better final round draft pick than the Jags), and ended up having the game locked up by the end of the Sunday afternoon games. 

Team 2's opponent outscored everybody else in the league by 45 points, except my team.  That game came down to needing Wilson to outscore Baldwin Monday night by more than 5 points, which he more than delivered - ended up winning by 20.

Team 2 went into the week in first place, and obviously stayed there.  Team 1 started in second place - same record as first and third place teams, well behind first and barely ahead of third on points.  Needed both those teams to lose, which required a big game from Wilson, bad game from the Seattle D, and a pretty good game from Baldwin.  Wilson and the Seattle D did their parts, and that late touchdown to Baldwin clinched the deal.

Now 8-3 in both leagues, a game clear of everybody else in both.  Completely different ways to get there, though.  Team 1 is sixth in the league in scoring, more than 150 points behind the scoring leader.  Team 2 (which Yahoo predicted to win 2 games this year) is the scoring leader by over 100 points.  Still don't think either team is actually all that good.  Neither draft seemed that strong and both have been mauled by injuries.  Losing Chris Thompson this week will hurt both a little more.

57 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Its fun to score over 140 points and still lose. Super fun. Looking forward to the massive tie next week to determine who makes the playoffs.

Until Brown got that 1st TD I was worried since Martinez was tackling everything in sight (mostly Bell) making all of the big defensive plays and Bell was racking up the yards/catches. 

1 minute ago, Hail Sabin said:

Until Brown got that 1st TD I was worried since Martinez was tackling everything in sight (mostly Bell) making all of the big defensive plays and Bell was racking up the yards/catches. 

I did laugh when Bell fumbled and Martinez recovered it, although I don't think you had anything to worry about.

• Like 1