DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K17

Kevin Wilson

I've got 5 on bye in a league that only has 4 deep bench.  Only 1 active running back.  Fortunately my opponent is in roughly the same boat as me (neither of us currently has an active kicker or defense, and I really don't want to drop Succop or Jax D).  We seem to have come to an unofficial agreement to just run without either a K or a D this week. Still gotta find me a crappy running back, though.  

46 minutes ago, Justin877 said:

I dropped Alex Collins last week to pick up some depth in WR.  Now he goes off and is a competent runner on Thursday night. 

You and me both. What's worse is my opponent had the Baltimore D. Fuck everything.

It was either drop Collins or Mack. I think I chose poorly.

Man, this bye week killed me. Definitely lost in the DVDVR league and in my 2 QB league. I thought that for sure I was going to lose in my other league where my opponent had the Baltimore D and on top of that, they started the day today with Thielen going off. My opponent thankfully cooled off and ended up with 112 points after the 1 PM games. I still had Watson, Hopkins, and Abdullah to go. My opponent just has Butker to go tomorrow. I though, "fuck, I'm going to need 65 to 70 combined from Watson and Hopkins and another 8 to 10 from Abdullah. I'm fucked."

Watson - 32 points (would have been 34 if not for the INT at the end)
Hopkins - 36 points

Abdullah's weak ass 6 points has me feeling like it's not going to be enough. I need Butker to not score more than 12 points.

Fuck. I'm going to lose to a kicker. I hate losing to a kicker.

So, I'm in a keeper, and Watson was my potential...  So now, do I keep him, and roll the dice that he'll be back next season and blow a spot on him, or do I cut bait and plan for Freeman or Howard as my keeper?

On 11/2/2017 at 4:51 PM, Robert C said:

Fuckity, fuckity fuck.   

One team now is without Watson.

The other has a Rodger-less Nelson and Watson-less Hopkins.

Forgot about Fitzgerald without Palmer.   Basically if I have a receiver on that team, his QB is doomed.  Fortunately my only other WR on that team is Garcon, and I think this curse might be limited to actual NFL QBs.

Wow, I have no idea how I won in the DVDVR league.

It's that kind of week though. In another league, I'm up by 47 and my opponent has Riddick and Tate to go so I'm sure I'll lose since this is the same league that I took a big enough lead into Monday night last week and lost to a fucking kicker.

How to lose at fantasy football:

1. Have the highest scoring player in the league at QB, then have him tear his ACL in practice.

2. Have Leonard Fournette back fresh from two weeks off due to bye week and injury.  Then have his team suspend him Sunday morning.

3. Have AJ Green at WR.  Get 0.6 points from him before he gets ejected in the first half.  Look forward to him being suspended for a while.

4. Pick up Jameis Winston in a desperation move at QB.  Have him do nothing, then sit out the second half due to injury.

5. Have everybody else except your defense generally suck this week.   Bonus points for Doug Martin finishing with seven yards rushing.