DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K17

Kevin Wilson

My WRs are : Michael Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Dez Bryant, Stefon Diggs

My RBs are: LeVeon Bell, Joe Mixon, Javorius Allen, Chris Thompson

I need 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and 1 Flex spot. I'm currently leaning towards Thomas/Diggs/Dez at WR, Bell/Mixon at RB, and either Crabtree or Thompson at Flex, but I'd like to hear you guys' thoughts.

Thanks

18 hours ago, Kyle Casey said:

My WRs are : Michael Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Dez Bryant, Stefon Diggs

My RBs are: LeVeon Bell, Joe Mixon, Javorius Allen, Chris Thompson

I need 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and 1 Flex spot. I'm currently leaning towards Thomas/Diggs/Dez at WR, Bell/Mixon at RB, and either Crabtree or Thompson at Flex, but I'd like to hear you guys' thoughts.

Thanks

Diggs, Thomas, Crabtree 

Bell Mixon

Flex Thompson 

My current QB is Derek Carr, but I'm sorely tempted to start Big Ben instead. On top of me having LeVeon Bell, my opponent has Antonio Brown. My thinking is that Ben would at least somewhat mitigate whatever points my opponent gets from Brown.

ffs, somebody talk me out of this. Or, y'know...if it's actually a good idea...don't.

1 hour ago, Kyle Casey said:

My current QB is Derek Carr, but I'm sorely tempted to start Big Ben instead. On top of me having LeVeon Bell, my opponent has Antonio Brown. My thinking is that Ben would at least somewhat mitigate whatever points my opponent gets from Brown.

ffs, somebody talk me out of this. Or, y'know...if it's actually a good idea...don't.

Big Ben is awful on the road. He averages 10 points less on the road then home. I believe it's like 14 on road and 24 at home. 

I'm genuinely confused this week.  Or maybe this is the week I've realized I'm a dumbass after leaving 80 points on the bench last week between the four guys.

Need 2 WRS, 2 RBs and a flex from this:

RBs:  DeMarco Murray, Fournette, Mixon, Gore

WRs:  A.J. Green, Demaryius Thomas, DeVante Parker, Marshall.

Only things I'm 100% set on are Green is in, Marshall and gore are out.

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

I'm genuinely confused this week.  Or maybe this is the week I've realized I'm a dumbass after leaving 80 points on the bench last week between the four guys.

Need 2 WRS, 2 RBs and a flex from this:

RBs:  DeMarco Murray, Fournette, Mixon, Gore

WRs:  A.J. Green, Demaryius Thomas, DeVante Parker, Marshall.

Only things I'm 100% set on are Green is in, Marshall and gore are out.

Green and Parker WRs, Murray Fournette Rbs and Mixon in Flex. 

In 2 of my 3 leagues, I decided to change it up for the defense I played. So in one league, I played the Packers D - yay! In the other, I'm rolling the dice with the Lions D. I already feel like I made a huge mistake especially since my opponent in that league played Cohen who had a pedestrian night last night.

Gonna make a trade offer in a work league that nobody in their right mind would ever accept - Jordy Nelson straight up for LeVeon Bell.  Sure it would be dumb on his part, but I'm tired of getting terrible, unsolicited offers for Nelson from this guy.

• Like 1

I'm not showing these scores because I won, although Cousins almost gave me a heart attack, but rather because I don't think I've ever seen four teams all score within one point of each other in one week before. Sadly none were playing each other. We have a pretty even league this year, as we tend to.

YMIXg06.jpg

5 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'm not showing these scores because I won, although Cousins almost gave me a heart attack, but rather because I don't think I've ever seen four teams all score within one point of each other in one week before. Sadly none were playing each other. We have a pretty even league this year, as we tend to.

YMIXg06.jpg

I only won because Hunter Henry's Touchdown got reversed or I would have lost to Ball Fondlers. 

6 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

I only won because Hunter Henry's Touchdown got reversed or I would have lost to Ball Fondlers. 

Shit, was that what it was? I misread then and thought it was someone else on your team. It was going to come down to the wire anyway. The sucky thing is, I had started CJ and Kamara at first, and then thought, nah, I'll go with Kamara and Charles instead. Ah well, good game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyle Casey said:

My team: 115.52 points

My opponent's team: 115.13 points 

Also, now that Carr's out for awhile, who should I nab off waivers to replace him? Deshaun Watson, Jared Goff, or Trevor Siemian?

Watson 

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Shit, was that what it was? I misread then and thought it was someone else on your team. It was going to come down to the wire anyway. The sucky thing is, I had started CJ and Kamara at first, and then thought, nah, I'll go with Kamara and Charles instead. Ah well, good game.

Friday and Saturday I planned on picking up Charles Clay on Sunday then plum forgot to do it before the 1pm games until he had like 60 yards receiving. Good Game. 

Just now, Hail Sabin said:

Watson 

Friday and Saturday I planned on picking up Charles Clay on Sunday then plum forgot to do it before the 1pm games until he had like 60 yards receiving. Good Game. 

For sure. And I meant to say that I went with CJ and Charles instead. Kamara and Charles would have won me the game.

The one thing about this DVDVR league is that I'm not used to the limited amount of bench spots. I'm used to 7 and the DVDVR league uses 6 with two IDP spots, which is something else I'm not used to.

Although I do like the logic in relying on a specific player on defense as opposed to rolling the dice and getting lucky with an entire team's defense.

I was able to snag Watson in another league as well and I'm wondering if I start him over Mariota if Mariota winds up playing.

I also think Big Ben is done. At the same time, the Texans play KC this week.

Somehow, I have the exact same QB issue as Kyle.  Carr's out, grabbed Watson as no one else picked him up, and also have Big Ben.  I'm hard leaning toward Watson, since Ben hasn't done outstanding this season.  

FWIW, I had Mariota and Big Ben and dropped Big Ben to grab Watson. I also benefit by having Hopkins on my team. If I could somehow snag Fuller and Miller (Foreman is already on my bench, I should be set.

Plus, I think even if Watson puts together an OK performance this week, like he hits his 15 point projection (at least in the league I'm in), or even comes in at 14 points against a stout KC defense, then he's pretty much a set and forget QB.

Of course I thought the same about Mariota and once again Mariota is hurt.

Trade question...

WR is my strength and I have Hopkins. I picked up Watson and already have Foreman on my bench. I also have AJ Green that I feel like I could trade away and be ok with. RB is a bit of a weakness though. So here's what I'm thinking...

Do I offer Green for Lamar Miller and Will Fuller? I can't offer the trade this week because I'm playing the Miller and Fuller owner, but this is basically the "play all Patriots" plan. I really like what I'm seeing out of the Texans offense. Hopkins leads the lead in targets. What's even better is that Watson has a healthy Fuller now and Fuller looked good this past week. Not only that, but Miller looked good as well. So my RBs would wind up being Miller, Hyde, Ameer, Martin, Foreman, and Derrick Henry.  My WR corps would be Hopkins, Fuller, Rishard Matthews, Corey Davis, and Kupp. And my QBs are Mariota and Watson. So I either roll with the Texans offense or the Titans offense.

So is Green way too much for Miller and Fuller and I'm ok as is, or does this help me lock up my season?

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, El Dragon said:

So, just wanted some opinions on my fantasy team. I barely pay attention to football, but for a 12 team league, I feel I knocked this out of the park. PPR league.

QB: Dak Prescott, Derek Carr

RB: David Johnson, Leonard Fournette, Carlos Hyde, Giovanni Bernard, D'Onta Foreman

WR: Doug Baldwin, Kelvin Benjamin, Martavis Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Kevin White, Sterling Shepard

TE: Martellus Bennett

Defense: Steelers

K: Phil Dawson

I drew first pick, took Johnson, and got lucky that both Baldwin and Fournette were waiting for me at the side swing. After taking Hyde and Benjamin, I jumped on a QB time share by picking Prescott and Carr with back to back picks. I think I did as well as I possibly could have in this position, but not sure.

So wanted to update my status on this team, as for a team that currently plays nobody taken with a top 20 pick, I'm still sitting at a nice pretty 3-1.

QB: Dak Prescott, Jared Goff, Derek Carr

RB: Leonard Fournette, Carlos Hyde, D'Onta Foreman, David Johnson

WR: Doug Baldwin, Sterling Shepard, Jermaine Kearse, Martavis Bryant, Kelvin Benjamin

TE: Charles Clay, Martellus Bennett

Defense: Steelers

K: Greg Zuerlein

Injuries haven't been great, and Benjamin has been a sizable disappointment, but Fournette & Hyde have been cornerstones. Add in that my time share with Prescott and Carr was working great till Carr's injury, with a clutch pickup of Clay on waivers, and it's been much better then the team had any real right to be.