DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K17

Kevin Wilson

11 hours ago, El Dragon said:

So, just wanted some opinions on my fantasy team. I barely pay attention to football, but for a 12 team league, I feel I knocked this out of the park. PPR league.

QB: Dak Prescott, Derek Carr

RB: David Johnson, Leonard Fournette, Carlos Hyde, Giovanni Bernard, D'Onta Foreman

WR: Doug Baldwin, Kelvin Benjamin, Martavis Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Kevin White, Sterling Shepard

TE: Martellus Bennett

Defense: Steelers

K: Phil Dawson

I drew first pick, took Johnson, and got lucky that both Baldwin and Fournette were waiting for me at the side swing. After taking Hyde and Benjamin, I jumped on a QB time share by picking Prescott and Carr with back to back picks. I think I did as well as I possibly could have in this position, but not sure.

Very solid team really like your top 3 Running backs (having David Johnson just make you feel so good), all of your WRs have upside, and your QB matchup play should be good. 

8 hours ago, Justin877 said:

I am vexed by a trade request I had

Players I have

1. Christian McCaffrey
  2. Kelvin Benjamin

I am being offered

1. Mark Ingram
  2. TY Hilton

I would keep your players but you could see if he will offer more for McCaffrey. 

In a league a guy made me a weird offer for Keenan Allen (non PPR league) I was able to trade Allen for Dalvin Cook straight up.  

7 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Very solid team really like your top 3 Running backs (having David Johnson just make you feel so good), all of your WRs have upside, and your QB matchup play should be good. 

David Johnson in a PPR league made that an even more obvious call. My thoughts on the draft were gonna be completely dependent on who was there at the 2/3 round swing, and I felt very happy I was about to sneak in Baldwin and Fournette there.

In what I am sure will be 1 of many (I should have started this guy instead of this guy ) posts.  We are starting way early.

• Matt Stafford - Maybe he is living up to his "Big Buck$" contract.  He was on point against what I thought was a food Cardinal defense. (35 points)
  • Ravens D - Wow! They were stifling, hope they can keep this up.  Might make me regret drafting the Broncos so high.  (25 points)

I'm playing in 2 Yahoo leagues.  Only 3 of the 20 teams in those 2 leagues have current week 1 projections that are higher than they were pregame.  Unsurprisingly, 2 of the 3 are basically Kareem Hunt got a billion points.  The third is one my teams that was carried by the Ravens D.  I have the Jags D in the other league, but even they couldn't drag the underachieving suck that is the rest of my team up to their original projections.

I won my week in one of my three leagues because Bradford played great, which unfortunately lead to me losing by 1 fucking point in another league because Bradford kept connecting with Diggs, who my opponent started. I had such a lead going into the Monday night game that Diggs basically needed to just have a good night for me to win and instead his last reception nudged my opponent over me. 1 point losses suck.

In the DVDVR league, I can at least look at my score compared to other scores this week and feel good that I would have won against most others? Or maybe not given how my players performed. I swear, I'm cursed in Yahoo leagues.

So, not only was losing my first pick (Jordy) a first for me, but I lost 4 players yesterday. Jordy, Olsen, Bradford, and Corey Davis. Add Doug Martin to that and I have 5 dead players on my team at the moment.

Oh, and Jordy's injury fucked me in DFS. I went from investing $10 and walking away with $200+ to walking away with $24.

I won all 3 of my leagues. Thank fucking goodness. I started getting worried in my one league. I was up by almost 60 and my opponent had Dak and Dez. Then it started looking like Dak was going to go off. That TD pass getting called back probably saved me.