DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K17

Kevin Wilson

Its that time of the year again, we generally have a catch-all thread for all FFL discussions and with training camp starting, some leagues may be drafting as soon as this week.

Also, if you are in the DVDVR FFL Pay League please log in and uh pay me money thx.

9 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Are we doing the free league again? 

There are technically two free leagues at the moment

Both are technically full but that doesn't mean people manage their teams - so depending on if commishes boot people will determine if there are spots in them

I guess if there was enough interest a third could be started

EDIT - Wait a second, you are in one of them already. Did you not get the message that the league was renewed?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

If your league is drafting this week, you are in a terrible league

I have a league that drafted last week. Granted it's dynasty, so we're mostly picking up rookies, but still it's straight garbage. The commissioner threatened to kick a couple of us out for not being active members of the league because we almost missed drop cut off (on July 15th)....almost a month before camps opened. I am actively salivating for the first cut of someone who was drafted.

On 8/3/2017 at 3:37 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

Craig is joining this year in theory, he has just been too lazy to click the link I sent him.

Hey hey I am suppose to be in this year.

10 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Hey hey I am suppose to be in this year.

In theory only one spot opened up and I just had a mental list of those that mentioned they wanted to join without any particular order to it. Course at the current rate there may be more spots opening since no one has paid yet and Craig still hasn't joined.

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

In theory only one spot opened up and I just had a mental list of those that mentioned they wanted to join without any particular order to it. Course at the current rate there may be more spots opening since no one has paid yet and Craig still hasn't joined.

I can join and pay ASAP. FWIW I don't mind if you have to kick someone out because I have no emotional connection to these people.

14 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Also happy to join/pay.

I just sent out an email to everyone that payment is due by the 18th or they'd be replaced, our draft isn't until the 5th so that still gives me time to fill in players if people are MIA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kuetsar said:

I know I'm in one of our free leagues, but I'm game for the pay if one opens up. Not trying to be an ass or pick scabs or anything, but what happened with CSC?

I absolutely adore Chris but he was always the last one to enter and pay and I think (also judging by his time on the board recently) real life is keeping him busy

• Like 1

Nah he's fine as far as I know, I had messaged him to let him know. He just wasn't as active last year, real life can be a rather time consuming thing, so figured we'd get someone that will be more involved and what not. In his defense, he did pay on time last year :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the concerns and kind words, guys.  Last week I was on vacation in the woods without cell reception or internet, so that explains my silence in these threads.

But yea...I'm fine - just stupid life is keeping me way too busy and I've never really been the best at follow through or planning anyway (in fantasy anything, DVDVR stuff and really life in general most of the time). 

I'll still be around in the free league (if it's not too late to sign back up for that ... I should probably check on that some time) and Craig didn't have to break my legs for non-payment - so all is good.

• Like 1

Hey @Elsalvajeloco - are you still running the unauthorized league or do you want to transfer the commissionership to me?

Yahoo just sent a passive aggressive message about how the league doesn't have a date/time

Or if you want to just delete it - I will build a new league

Real quick, I'm out in rural as hell Missouri for the eclipse and to visit my wife's family, but the connection is poor. We're heading into town in an hour where there will be wifi or lte and my download will finish then. Sorry for continuously forgetting. I'm dumb.

• Like 1