DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXX

HumanChessgame

Joe didn't really fit into the utter chaos. Too much of his stuff was built around a submission hold instead of throwing large men around.

But that match was all about Braun, I don't care if Brock won.

The Jinder Bender has actually gotten worse as champion and that is a really bad sign. Then you have them working the same match every month. Jinder gets beat up on, the Indian Lollipop Guild runs in and get beat up, Jinder hits his finisher to win. Right now Jinder is the worlds shittiest Raven. 

This is why the brand split never should have returned. The WWE title, the one held by Bruno, Backlund, Hogan and Austin, feels like the GFW title. 

• Like 1

The Brand Split has given us the following world champs:   Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, and Jinder Mahal.  

Say what you will about them, I'd rather have seen the 5 of them as champ than 1 solid year of Brock Lesnar/Goldberg.

Okay so basically those who hated the show and are calling it the worst ever (really?  Anyone watch SummerSlam 2004 lately?  or other?) are only doing so because 1. it was really fucking long and 2. Nakamura didn't win.  

I agree with both points but there was so much about the show that was good or average or in the case of the main event...  excellent.  

I said it last month,  Nakamura doesn't work as a 24/7/365  performer.  You can't teach an old dog and all that.  There's two options.  You either push him to the moon and find ways to keep him out of the ring until it's time for a big match or what we are seeing now...   just another guy. 

This is the way I can see WWE brass looking at it.  You have one guy who isn't really all that over but he has an India connection and he works VERY HARD and you have another guy who is super over but couldn't give a crap most nights. I guarantee that's the conversation they are having. Not saying it's right but Vince is known to reward guys like Jinder.

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

sasha.jpg

Sasha Banks, 4x WWE RAW Women's Champion. Legit Boss.

With a huge Bayley sign taking up the space in HER moment.

Yeah, this shot is getting used in the promos for that feud going forward!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Brand Split has given us the following world champs:   Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, and Jinder Mahal.  

Say what you will about them, I'd rather have seen the 5 of them as champ than 1 solid year of Brock Lesnar/Goldberg.

Owens run as champion was mostly terrible. Even the stuff with Jericho felt very mid card. Bray could have gotten a title run even with one belt. 

Without the mentality of thinking you have a belt to waste, the Goldberg/Brock business might not have happened. 

I liked the show. Feel bad for Miz, he deserves better than a match 90 minutes before the main show starts. Only match I thought really sucked was Show/Cass, and the finish to Nak/Jinder was poorly executed.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like crowds go to the NXT show to have fun (other than booing Bayley and Sasha for no apparent reason), and they go to the main roster show to shit on stuff. I don't understand why you would pay that much for a ticket to fucking whine about the booking.

2 hours ago, MADCAP said:

What the fuck was Sasha wearing during her entrance and why did she look so unhappy about it???

I imagine her husband was the one who made it. Whether that answers your second question or not I'm not sure. 

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

AJ is the only one out of that group who deserved a world title reign. Balor got the belt way too soon, Owens' run(coming off losing a feud to Sami Zayn) was awful, Bray hasn't delivered a worth wile performance since he wrestled Daniel Bryan, and the less said about Jinder the better.

Lordy.  My point...

Those 5 guys would not have sniffed a world-level title that quickly, including Styles, without the split.  Execution was poor, luck was bad, talent wasn't deserving, whatever... 

You seriously think about it, and tell me honestly, if anyone other than Cena, Lesnar, Roman, or Orton holds the World Championship.   Fuck putting the brands back together if it means I have to see Roman cocking his arm again and beating Lesnar for the title yet again.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You seriously think about it, and tell me honestly, if anyone other than Cena, Lesnar, Roman, or Orton holds the World Championship.

Cena put over AJ and Nak clean, Orton put over Bray and Jinder, Roman put over Braun and Joe, and Lesnar is about to put over Stroman. So yeah I could see several other people with the belt without a brand split. Those guys aren't being booked as unbeatable. Brock has been dominated by Stroman two times in a row now.

Ugh, I'm trying to find out what he's talking about by actually going on Sportskeeda, and aside from everyone writing like the sole audience are slow 6th graders, I see nothing about Jinder other than a spoiler he was going to win because Nak would be winning too soon. 

Also, rather than saying "Former NXT Champion" backstage, they went with "8 time TNA Tag Team Champion" (which is of course supposed to make you think James Storm was backstage, but Roode has 6 tag reigns and Storm has 7, so they didn't even get THAT right).  Fuck that site. 

45 minutes ago, JCM said:

Cena put over AJ and Nak clean, Orton put over Bray and Jinder, Roman put over Braun and Joe, and Lesnar is about to put over Stroman. So yeah I could see several other people with the belt without a brand split. Those guys aren't being booked as unbeatable. Brock has been dominated by Stroman two times in a row now.

In those situations with a brand split, yes, Cena put them over clean, but they also just buried Corbin. Do you honestly think the same happens without a brand split? Don't be obtuse. Orton put over Bray? Fucking really? That is really laughable. Also, let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet. There's nothing indicating Lesnar is going to put over Strowman. 

Again though, you're using examples of what the reality is with a brand split to show that things would be different if the brands were combined. That's just dumb. Combined brands leads to different booking. Brands being split gives them added flexibility to do something different.