DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXX

HumanChessgame

• RIPPA locked this topic

So, they really need to stop doing Takeover's that are 5000% better than the main show.

Nice to go with the least interesting finishes after a night of utter shit.

• Like 1

On a night with some really horrible and stupid things, that main event was everything I expected and more.  And luckily Joe or Braun didn't eat the pin

Anybody that doesn't want to see Brock vs Braun after that match needs to get the fuck off this board.  Okay maybe not but damn the violence in that match is going to be beautiful

The main was fun but woof, the rest of it. I liked Ambrose/Rollins - Cesaro/Sheamus a lot, it played to everyone's strengths.

Even apart from not loving Jinder going over on principle, that match was short, boring and pointless. You'd be lucky to find a crowd hotter for a Nakamura championship win than tonight, and the whole thing just felt like a waste of goodwill that no one walked out better for. 

That was one of the best main roster PPV main events in recent memory.  I'm not keen on Brock retaining but it's not the worst possible outcome.  Strowman ragdolling Brock was fucking incredible.

The rest of the show wasn't terrible.  I'd probably say New Day/Usos was my MOTN other than the main event.  That ending sequence was incredibly hot.

If I'm Russev I'm asking for my release.  That was a bunch of horseshit.

Jinder/Nak wasn't a bad match but had the most anticlimactic finish possible, especially with Jinder borderline botching his finisher.

Does the ref shirt reduce Shane's HP by 90% or something?  They've tried to establish that he's a legit threat in the ring, but he gets taken out by glancing blows?  This was one of the better outings AJ and Owens have had but involving Shane drug the whole thing down.

2/3 Shield and Cesamus was better than I thought it would be and Cesaro going after the beach ball was one of the better moments of the night

Neville/Tozowa was fine but pointless.

Both women's matches were solid but nothing special.  Nattie winning was a surprise.

This was such a weirdly booked show. Smackdown is in a weird place right now with the only top level babyface that didn't lose is the US Champion and the only top heel who didn't lose is Jinder Mahal. I'm not sure what's next for Jinder, Nakumara, or Kevin Owens. My guess is someone had money on Jinder since he was the biggest underdog I saw on the betting markets when I last checked the SummerSlam lines.

2 minutes ago, The Idiot King said:

The main was fun but woof, the rest of it. I liked Ambrose/Rollins - Cesaro/Sheamus a lot, it played to everyone's strengths.

Even apart from not loving Jinder going over on principle, that match was short, boring and pointless. You'd be lucky to find a crowd hotter for a Nakamura championship win than tonight, and the whole thing just felt like a waste of goodwill that no one walked out better for. 

Not to mention giving away Cena/Nakamura so we could get that.  Such a nothing match.  

Usos/New Day was WAY more fun than I was expecting and I thought the Shield/Shesaro match was really good too, but I thought the rest of the show was eh.  Except for that Cass/Big Show match.  Which was fucking hideous.

Y'all remember a couple years back when a bunch of neckbeard virgins burned the internet down when they heard Vince was considering 'Taker/Strowman for Mania that year? People are stupid.