DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXX

HumanChessgame

29 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Being on the pre-show isn't so bad: you're still getting the PPV payday AND you aren't as restricted by time. The best example is Aries/Neville at WrestleMania: would they have been given nearly 15 minutes on the main show? Of course not.

No, they wouldn't have, but their match was cut from the dvd, so they lose out on money from dvd sales. IIRC, that was a point of contention for Aries. Between that and being limited to the cruiserweight division, I don't blame Aries for not wanting to stay in the company.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No, they wouldn't have, but their match was cut from the dvd, so they lose out on money from dvd sales. IIRC, that was a point of contention for Aries. Between that and being limited to the cruiserweight division, I don't blame Aries for not wanting to stay in the company.

Good point! Didn't think of that.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of that - it was actually announced that there wasn't going to be a Blu-ray of Summerslam which would have ensured no Kickoff show on the DVD but then they changed their mind and said that they would do a Blu-Ray

Still no guarantee the kickoff show makes it though (It most likely depends on how far past 11 the main show goes)

• Like 1

I wonder if we'll ever get to the point where a Big 4 PPV is held in a stadium and starts at like Noon and lasts 7-8 hours like a festival concert.   

I say this because if I have to watch fucking Roman Reigns spearing Samoa Joe at 11:40pm to begin his 4th failed title reign, I'm going to be pissed.

I need to sleep. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 3:23 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I wonder if we'll ever get to the point where a Big 4 PPV is held in a stadium and starts at like Noon and lasts 7-8 hours like a festival concert.   

I say this because if I have to watch fucking Roman Reigns spearing Samoa Joe at 11:40pm to begin his 4th failed title reign, I'm going to be pissed.

I need to sleep. 

I just feel for the people taking the train back from the show at the Barclays. Half the trains are either not running or rerouted over different lines because of the usual MTA weekend messes. It sucks waiting for a train down on Pacific Street at that time of night every train but the one you need comes by.

I need to sleep. 

I wonder if time zone issues would keep that from happening. 

Noon start ET would mean 0900 PT.

Noon start PT would mean 1600 ET. 

I think you would lose a chunk of live viewership. Of course, do they care when people watch stuff on the network? 

I know this was posted somewhere else but I can't find it

This video is so good and the old dude who runs the gym cuts a better promo than like 90% of the locker room

After the greatness that was Ember-Asuka last night, I'm expecting tonight's women's matches to be really underwhelming.  Alexa does good character work, but I still have no desire to see her wrestle and Sasha's probably not the one to get a great match out of her.  I'm guessing Naomi-Natalya will be decent but unspectacular.  The prospect of a Carmella cash-in doesn't do much to get me interested either.

Charlotte and Becky really aren't on the card?  Ugh.

Card in general looks decent to me but not something I'll worry about if something comes up and I miss it.  Pirates-Cards will probably get priority anyways and there's an NFL preseason game on tonight.

49 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

After the greatness that was Ember-Asuka Takeover last night, I'm expecting tonight's women's matches show to be really underwhelming.  

FTFY

• Like 1

I need to sleep. 

I think at some point we're gonna get like a Coachella style 3-day wrestling festival from WWE. Multiple matches, interviews, autograph signings, etc going on at the same time at some giant campground or something like that. 

There's still the same argument that working on a brand with constant touring and weekly TV is different than NXT. None of the main roster callups look as good as they did on Takeovers. There's a lot of folks that were Brooklyn's darlings two years ago that are going to have relatively ho-hum matches tonight. 

"They can't boo you if they're still outside"  

So,  what exactly is the plan for the Hardyz?  Put a couple teams over and move into being trainers?  Surely they aren't doing shit with the "BROKEN" stuff.  

Why the disrespect towards The Miz?  He carried portions of SDL for the year.  He's been great.  

For what's it worth -  A claim from someone who is there - the delayed open was the Barclays call and not the WWE due to "Security concerns"

I don't trust this person to not be very pro-WWE so who knows