DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXX

HumanChessgame

9 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

So I guess Kurt Angle isn't having a match.  Wasn't that the rumor long ago?

The rumor was just Angle will have a match against Triple H

It makes most sense to do that at Summerslam, Rumble or Mania

That rumor was also out before Vince changed his mind and decided against the Reigns/Lesnar Mania Main Event

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It makes most sense to do that at Summerslam, Rumble or Mania

As much as people like to hammer the "Survivor Series is no longer one of the big four" talking point, we should recall that Goldberg's in-ring return occurred there last year. So add that to the list. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

As much as people like to hammer the "Survivor Series is no longer one of the big four" talking point, we should recall that Goldberg's in-ring return occurred there last year. So add that to the list. 

and Kurt's ppv debut was at Survivor Series '99

And the Deadly Game tournament was at Survivor Series too.  I just felt like saying that because it's still a good show that holds up.  You could always watch that instead of watching this one.  

But no I think this card has some potential but jeeez, so many rematches...  so many rematches... 

I'm guessing all this twitter talk and shit lately means that John Cena vs. Roman Reigns is now the penciled in Mania main event. They probably should. I wouldn't be against that idea. Better to do it now than later. 

On 8/11/2017 at 3:06 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

And the Deadly Game tournament was at Survivor Series too.  I just felt like saying that because it's still a good show that holds up.  You could always watch that instead of watching this one.  

Russo's crowning achievement. Full of swerves that legitimately caught the audience off-guard while also actually making sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Russo's crowning achievement. Full of swerves that legitimately caught the audience off-guard while also actually making sense.

You can tell because he kept trying to recreate it to diminishing returns. The WCW title tourney in 99, which did not have too many swerves surprisingly. Then three tourneys less than six months later. Then you hear how he pitched a bunch of tourneys to Vince in 2002. 

But Deadly Game was still a great great show. Even with only one and a half great matches. My favorite moment being Bossman getting DQed for beating Austin with a nightstick. Vince is satisfied until Pac and Regal fight to a draw. 

12 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

The Rock swerve at Deadly Games completely took me by surprise and was a stroke of genius. Just as a guy is getting over as a face and the crowd are slowly rooting for him BAM turn him mega heel

It's the greatest stalling play ever. He was clearly going to be a megaface, but they needed him heel long enough to get through Mania and the money match with Austin. They played it perfectly.

Russo spent a decade+ trying to recreate that magic.

• Like 3

On 8/2/2017 at 9:15 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Probably just me but outside of the completely awesome Fatal 4 Way main event I'm not feeling most of these matches. 

On 8/2/2017 at 4:06 PM, The Natural said:

I'm with you, pal.

This week's RAW spoilers follow...

I can add Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks and Sheamus/Cesaro vs. Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins to the matches I'm interested in. Shame Bayley got injured though Bliss vs. Banks should have been the match from the start. Still think the show should be better on paper to what it is.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm torn too because usually I will have some people over to watch SummerSlam but I really need to see this upcoming episode of Game of Thrones also.  I don't know what to do exactly, I may just dip out of SS for an hour.  

I have the same debate in my head as well but the current season of WWE Fantasy we do ends at Summerslam. 

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:51 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

And the Shield debuted at the 2012 Survivors Series.