DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXX

HumanChessgame

Nakamura's entrance is WWE title level over, but he isn't quite there. But then, neither is Mahal, or Corbin (who will probably get it from Nak). They seem intent on using the title to mint stars, rather than adopting a more organic approach to growth. Which... of all the ways to do things, that's certainly one of them. 

• Thanks 1

It's a shame they've set the Singh Brothers as incompetent goons cuz they could run an angle where like 15 minutes or so into Nak-Mahal, Nak has it in lock and does his kick move and is going for the cover when the Singh Brothers run in and start putting the boots to Nak maybe even wapping him with chairs. Ref calls for the DQ but the attack doesn't stop the attack. Mahal is now up and the Singh's set Nakamura's ankle into a chair and Mahal jumps off the middle rope onto Nak's ankle. The refs and medics show up and get Nak out of the ring. Mahal is in the ring celebrating with his belt, he then motions to the Singhs who slid out of the ring with chairs and go after Nak on the ramp with the chairs and target his ankle. Then Mahal cuts a promo about being unstoppable and what not and how he can't be beat. Then Sami Zayn music plays and in the Tommy Dreamer role he has had enough and is standing up for what is right so the Singh Brothers start teeing off on him with the chairs. Mahal has his back to the crowd as he is watching this happen an the ramp and is talking trash on the ramp. Baron Corbin then jumps the guardrail with his briefcase tosses it to the time keeper or ref or whoever on the outside, slides into the ring, Mahal slowly turns around and is a deer in head lights when he sees Corbin hits the Deep 6 or End of Days whatever one is the finisher and gets the pin on Mahal. Sure it makes Corbin a face but what a fucking Moment it would be. 

Then you do an angle where Nak is out for like 6 months or whatever with an ankle injury. At Hell in a Cell u run Mahal vs Corbin in a Cell and Zayn and Nak vs the Singh Brothers. Then build a 3 way title match at Survivor Series Corbin vs Nak vs Mahal with Nak winning the title, then start building towards Nak vs AJ at Wrestlemania.

I'd also like to see AJ Styles have a long run as US Champion taking on all comers on SmackDown and the PPV's before losing it to like a Dillinger or Gable at the EC in February.

On 8/3/2017 at 1:39 PM, Web Conn said:

It's a shame they've set the Singh Brothers as incompetent goons cuz they could run an angle where like 15 minutes or so into Nak-Mahal, Nak has it in lock and does his kick move and is going for the cover when the Singh Brothers run in and start putting the boots to Nak maybe even wapping him with chairs. Ref calls for the DQ but the attack doesn't stop the attack. Mahal is now up and the Singh's set Nakamura's ankle into a chair and Mahal jumps off the middle rope onto Nak's ankle. The refs and medics show up and get Nak out of the ring. Mahal is in the ring celebrating with his belt, he then motions to the Singhs who slid out of the ring with chairs and go after Nak on the ramp with the chairs and target his ankle. Then Mahal cuts a promo about being unstoppable and what not and how he can't be beat. Then Sami Zayn music plays and in the Tommy Dreamer role he has had enough and is standing up for what is right so the Singh Brothers start teeing off on him with the chairs. Mahal has his back to the crowd as he is watching this happen an the ramp and is talking trash on the ramp. Baron Corbin then jumps the guardrail with his briefcase tosses it to the time keeper or ref or whoever on the outside, slides into the ring, Mahal slowly turns around and is a deer in head lights when he sees Corbin hits the Deep 6 or End of Days whatever one is the finisher and gets the pin on Mahal. Sure it makes Corbin a face but what a fucking Moment it would be. 

Then you do an angle where Nak is out for like 6 months or whatever with an ankle injury. At Hell in a Cell u run Mahal vs Corbin in a Cell and Zayn and Nak vs the Singh Brothers. Then build a 3 way title match at Survivor Series Corbin vs Nak vs Mahal with Nak winning the title, then start building towards Nak vs AJ at Wrestlemania.

I'd also like to see AJ Styles have a long run as US Champion taking on all comers on SmackDown and the PPV's before losing it to like a Dillinger or Gable at the EC in February.

I can't say I agree 100% with this booking but its definitely more exciting than anything that's been happening in the last couple years. Sure, I think many here will argue it's a little too crash TV for their tastes, but I think small doses of this give the shows a much more exciting feel. Look at the reactions to Braun whipping Roman all over the backstage and flipping the ambulance a few months back. I think that's a big part of why it worked

Per

Bayley is out of Summerslam and we have two Triple Threat matches tonight where the winners face off next Monday to get to the number one contender spot.

Spoiler

My guess is that we get Sasha / Nia again next week, but the pairings for Foxy, Emma, Dana and Mickie in the triple threats are unclear to me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It sucks but the Revival's absence isn't too big a deal and I just hope they can come back stronger than ever. Bayley's injury is a real shame though. She was just starting to recover from losing to Bliss too many times and now this. I wouldn't have been surprised if this was going to be her atonement match. It's a shame it has to be pushed back.

Well, this saddens me knowing Bayley and Dawson are out.  Talk about people that can't catch a break to go on top of Dash's injury earlier this year.   I'd have to rewatch it but I wonder how much of it was Nia's fault the way she did the chikenwing hold.  Something about it didn't seem right to me and it appeared that's when Bayley was feeling the pain.   I love Nia but can't necessarily say I'd blame anybody that thought of her as careless/reckless.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

What's the logic of Enzo being in a shark cage? He's a face. Has the face manager ever been in one in the history of wrestling?

Stops the tradition of Sheamus kicking the fuck outta Enzo's face ; )

• Haha 1

Is he legit afraid of heights? I could see it being a rib/punishment. The only other reason to do it would be to give him a live mic in there and have him sputter things in reaction to the match because they figure it's not going to be good anyway. 

• Like 2

I was really perplexed by how the Cass/Angle segment went.  Cass' original idea was to get Enzo barred from the city, then somehow he's going along with Angle's idea to suspend him above the cage.  I guess he saw more potential to torment Enzo that way than if he's a hundred miles away?  They didn't sell Cass' reasoning very well, since he didn't get what he asked for but seemed happy enough.

I'm guessing Enzo either gets out of the cage or manages to distract Cass with his mouth, and somehow costs Cass the match.  I'd be happy enough if Enzo turned heel on Big Show during the match and Cass/Enzo reunited their team, but I doubt they'll go that direction.  

I was kinda hoping they would maybe end the Enzo/Cass feud with a NYC Street fight/Falls Count Anywhere in Brooklyn or something. Let Enzo get a little hope in and maybe get some hope of beating Cass only to be spectacularly murdered at the end. You know how Vince would want it.

But the shark cage which has always been used to put heels in to keep them out makes total sense with Enzo the babyface.

Maybe after the match is over and Cass wins, he'll hijack the cage and put it on a truck and drive it down Atlantic Avenue and go dump Enzo into the harbor.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2017 at 11:25 AM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I was really perplexed by how the Cass/Angle segment went.  Cass' original idea was to get Enzo barred from the city, then somehow he's going along with Angle's idea to suspend him above the cage.  I guess he saw more potential to torment Enzo that way than if he's a hundred miles away?  They didn't sell Cass' reasoning very well, since he didn't get what he asked for but seemed happy enough.

I'm guessing Enzo either gets out of the cage or manages to distract Cass with his mouth, and somehow costs Cass the match.  I'd be happy enough if Enzo turned heel on Big Show during the match and Cass/Enzo reunited their team, but I doubt they'll go that direction.  

I'm thinking Big Show wins, but turns on Enzo also and tag teams with Big Cass.  They were in cahoots all along to....really stick it to Enzo?  And Big Show hasn't switched from face to heel repeatedly like he usually does, so he's probably due for some more flip-flopping.

On 8/8/2017 at 10:03 AM, The Natural said:

Stops the tradition of Sheamus kicking the fuck outta Enzo's face ; )

Can he kick him through the cage? That would be the best .gif of all time. 

The possibility of it being a rib immediately brought to mind Ricky Morton in that Broken Hardys thing where they wouldn't let him down and he just started begging them after awhile haha

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SolidGoldBomb said:

I'm thinking Big Show wins, but turns on Enzo also and tag teams with Big Cass.  They were in cahoots all along to....really stick it to Enzo?  And Big Show hasn't switched from face to heel repeatedly like he usually does, so he's probably due for some more flip-flopping.

The whole turn made Cass look really weak. Not only did he attack little Enzo from behind, then Cass has to stage that he was attacked also. Really? All that for Enzo? I could see not wanting Braun Strowman to know you attacked him from behind or Samoa Joe or Brock, but Enzo? Yes, I know the point is to get Cass over as a heel, but the way it was done makes him look like a pussy. If you're that mad at Enzo, why not just kick him in the face in the first place?

• Like 2