DVDVR Message Board

SDL is PROTECT YA NECK. 8/1/17

Niners Fan in CT

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If only Lost Highway could have been worked in somehow. A picture of Diesel, perhaps? Repo Man and his tire tread gear?

A picture of Dusty Rhodes with the caption "Camilla's Father?" would have been the best thing ever...

• Like 2

Great match between Shinsuke Nakamura and John Cena. The inverted Exploder becoming a Backdrop Driver was fucking nasty.

As soon as the match ended you could see Shinsuke shuffling to Cena and looking if he was okay. When both stood, Nakamura said I'm sorry and Cena said he didn't have to.

Still can't believe this big first time match was TV instead of PPV.

Yep. Dango grooving the whole time when he showed up was priceless. Also, "I don't really know how the mail works"

I'm sure all that went over the head of every kid in the audience but you could tell most of the crowd got it. 

Tamina has the best angry face ever. 

• Like 2

Clean John Cena losses in singles since Cena's the guy off the top of my head:

vs. Shawn Michaels. RAW in April 2007.

vs. Triple H. Night of Champions 2008.

vs. Batista. SummerSlam 2008.

vs. The Rock. WrestleMania XXVIII.

vs. Daniel Bryan. SummerSlam 2013.

vs. Brock Lesnar. SummerSlam 2014.

vs. Kevin Owens. Elimination Chamber 2015.

vs. Alberto Del Rio. Hell in a Cell 2015.

vs. AJ Styles. SummerSlam 2016.

vs. Dean Ambrose. Smackdown in 2016.

vs. Shinsuke Nakamura. Smackdown in 2017.

Does one count Punks win a MITB clean or no due to Johnny Ace shenanigans? But that is a pretty impressive and small list for a ten year span. (And sad that Taker isn't on there, what might have been)

15 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Does one count Punks win a MITB clean or no due to Johnny Ace shenanigans? But that is a pretty impressive and small list for a ten year span. (And sad that Taker isn't on there, what might have been)

• Cena had Punk dead to rights in the STF
  • Cena broke the hold to go punch People Power and mean mug at Vince
  • Cena walked into the GTS for the win

That's a textbook distraction finish.  All it needed was Vince's music playing first.

• Like 1

Apparently the ending was changed, because the app said Baron Corbin interfered but it backfired on him.

I'm guessing that got changed because two screwjob finishes on the show would have been dumb.  Also, it gives the added benefit of  Nak getting a clean victory over Cena AND Owens entering the Hall of "WWE Heels Are Usually Right".  

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Apparently the ending was changed, because the app said Baron Corbin interfered but it backfired on him.

I'm guessing that got changed because two screwjob finishes on the show would have been dumb.  Also, it gives the added benefit of  Nak getting a clean victory over Cena AND Owens entering the Hall of "WWE Heels Are Usually Right".  

Baron came down to attack Nakamura after SD went off the air and Cena put Corbin through the announce table during the opening moments of 205 Live.

12 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:
  • Cena had Punk dead to rights in the STF
  • Cena broke the hold to go punch People Power and mean mug at Vince
  • Cena walked into the GTS for the win

That's a textbook distraction finish.  All it needed was Vince's music playing first.

I agree with you but Cena is dumb for letting the move go.  The worst that could have happened if you stuck with the STF is a win via DQ.  Cena screwed Cena.