DVDVR Message Board

SDL is PROTECT YA NECK. 8/1/17

Niners Fan in CT

just watched Nakamura-Cena (I don't really watch WWE these days unless it penetrates my bubble) and thought it a fine little TV match and a strong put-over for Nakamura. while the Backdrop Driver was a botch by Cena it actually made both guys look good. can't comment on how Nakamura's being used, suffice to say that he still looks deeply unusual in this arena. but people seem to be digging it. hope has not died.

i forgot how completely asinine and intolerable WWE commentary is though. all the stupid names for things: "Big Match John", "The Franchise", "The Rockstar", "The Modern Day Maharaj". the cutting away to Jinder and crowd reacts was annoying too.

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I said last night that if they had brought back Fandango's original dancer it would have been the greatest thing ever

Well I mean they are headed to New York soon or they could just fly the Fashion Police to her

3 hours ago, sevendaughters said:

i forgot how completely asinine and intolerable WWE commentary is though. all the stupid names for things:

Calling Seth "The Kingslayer" ten times a match makes me want to change the channel so bad. Actually, just calling him that once, matter of fact. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I liked Jinder better when he was Curt Hawkins.

Has Rusev ever had a bad match? That is a damn fine professional wrestler. It's too bad he's not from India. Or Canada.

I like Curt Hawkins better when he was Brian Major.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Calling Seth "The Kingslayer" ten times a match makes me want to change the channel so bad. Actually, just calling him that once, matter of fact. 

That's the problem with the over-produced announcing these days.  

Cena's not my favorite, but I hope his neck is OK after that bump.  It's probably for the best if his career is winding down.

On August 1, 2017 at 10:14 PM, Hagan said:

Oh, forgot to chime in but Gable/Rusev was an insanely good sprint. In an alternate world those guys are doing weird shit in the G1 tonight. 

Rusev is severely miscast as a humorless heel. Fuck, put  him and Gable together as a fucking SuperPower tag team or some shit. 

Oh man now I desperately want this to happen. A series of great matches and Rusev gains respect for his little American buddy and they do a series of vignettes of Gable showing Rusev the joys America and him teaching Gable all about Bulgaria and his awesome family. 

Instead it's Randy...:(

• Like 2

Rusev & Almas > Rusev & Gable but both are better than anything we'll get. He's had his time as a gatekeeper heel. Turn that sum'bitch loose as a fun-lovin' guy who just loves to have fun.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, August 02, 2017 at 11:34 AM, sevendaughters said:

sort of speaks to how much power Cena has if Nakamura, who has stiffed and wrecked enough guys in his time (like SAKU!), feels the need to apologise up front on camera rather than in the backstage area.

Couldn't Nakamura just have been a human being who felt bad for almost injuring one of the biggest stars ever and wanted him to make sure he knew it wasn't intentional?!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Presumably, it's not breaking kayfabe for a baby face to apologize to another baby face for potentially injuring him after a match. 

Now, if a heel apologizes, that's not kosher.

I mean I get it, I just wanna see someone act like a killer without them being a cheaty heel. Cena's always giving it 'if you wanna be the man you gotta come thru me', well, to me that includes not being unctuous and respectful (on-screen!). personal peeve.

6 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Free Agent Cena is winning the Rumble and chasing Universal Champion Roman Reigns at Mania to add that title to his resume and break Flair's record.

The crowd will be insane and it will be a huge 'moment'

It's the safest, most boring direction WWE could go, so it's absolutely going to happen.

I guess it's back to watching Cactus Jack, Brian Pillman, Raven, Sinister Minister, Mikey, and Tajiri promos for me.

On 8/3/2017 at 5:51 AM, joseph2112 said:

I liked Jinder better when he was Curt Hawkins.

Has Rusev ever had a bad match? That is a damn fine professional wrestler. It's too bad he's not from India. Or Canada.

Watch his NXT work. He was really bad.