DVDVR Message Board

SDL is PROTECT YA NECK. 8/1/17

Niners Fan in CT

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This was a good episode of SDL for the most part. Loved this: 

DGL1fHhUAAANq9E.jpg

If only Lost Highway could have been worked in somehow. A picture of Diesel, perhaps? Repo Man and his tire tread gear?

• Like 2

Very in-ring heavy edition of Smackdown and it was almost all good action.

If Shinsuke just squashes Jinder at SummerSlam, it may make the last few months worth it.

Orton/Rusev is actually a fresh feud. Wish they had a better issue except, "hey we both don't have a feud now so let's wrestle."

Chad Gable looked great.

AJ and Owens are starting to have better matches but the Shane involvement feels very forced.

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If only Lost Highway could have been worked in somehow. A picture of Diesel, perhaps? Repo Man and his tire tread gear?

after numerous references to "Pulling a Ronnie" when missing turns on Ride Along, I feel like R Truth could have been the Lost Highway reference.

Fashion Peaks was the best skit yet.

The Usos are killing it. If they're not careful, they're going to be faces lol

I dug the women's tag. Great to see Naomi get some ring time again and her transition of the Code of Silence into the Feel The Glow was pretty neat. 

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Gable/Rusev was so damn good. I would be happy for Rusev getting Orton if I thought he had a chance in hell of winning.

I think Orton's in this weird place where he knows he's not getting the belt any time soon so he wants to work with certain people and would be willing to put them over.  I could see the match ending screwy where Rusev cheats and Orton passes out in the Accolade. Or WWE continues this trend of ex-wrestlers costing Orton matches and Vladimir Koslov returns and helps Rusev win.

• Like 4

Great main event with a big time feel. Hoped they would get a little more time for this kind of first time ever dream match but it was pretty fast paced throughout. I hope Corbin's not cashing in right away if Nakamura wins. Guessing Cena's going to be gone again now and won't be working SummerSlam with what looks like already 10-12 possible matches lined up. Not getting the rumored Shane/Owens match but still getting Shane involvement, so maybe as mentioned above they'll hold off until Hell in a Cell unless they changed direction again on another Shane match. Gable looked great against Rusev, very good little match and a fun quick women's tag as well.

2 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Not hard to read their lips here

That really is pretty awesome.  Nakamura cares more about apologizing than celebrating, Cena cares more about celebrating than accepting it.  Knowing WWE,  I hate how the only legit options now are Jinder winning or Corbin cashing in immediately.

• Like 2

Corbin cashing in is fine because then you could have AJ eventually win the belt at the Rumble and Nak win the Rumble setting up AJ/Nak at WrestleMania for the WWE Title and Nak can get the big celebration at Mania.