DVDVR Message Board

NXT AUGUST 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Meltzer went to the San Jose show and he was the one who wrote the recap for that show

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/nxt-san-jose-ca-live-results-bobby-roode-vs-roderick-strong-240866

I have to think if they do a surprise title change on a NXT show again - it will be at a minimum on the Cali loop if not specifically in San Jose

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Eric saying his has never seen a Big Damo match he liked just really means we will never truly be friends 

PSSSSH you kidding? I'm the biggest chubby chaser on the wrestling web. You point me to the good Damo, I'll do a fair write up. 

On 8/13/2017 at 9:06 PM, EricR said:

San Jose kinda looks like the better show on paper but I had a blast at this one. 2/2 on NXT live shows.

We basically got the main TV card, this surprised us too. In a weird way, we were disappointed that we didn't see the up and comers (especially Velveteen and Heavy Machinery).

9 hours ago, EricR said:

PSSSSH you kidding? I'm the biggest chubby chaser on the wrestling web. You point me to the good Damo, I'll do a fair write up. 

That's the one I put on the 1001. Granted I might be biased since it is also Dave Mastiff

There is also the matches vs. Nakamura and Ishii

Or any of the ones against Rampage Brown (okay, maybe not the WCPW ones)

This is the first one I found to link to

This is very possibly an annoying question, but, for those that like him, like, what are the good qualities of Adam Cole I should be looking forward to when he comes to NXT? I was out on ROH for a good long while until the few months leading up to Final Battle last year, and have only caught some PWG here and there and he seems like a decent heel for an otherwise fairly standard indy movez guy: is there anything I'm missing? Anybody wanna recommend matches?

In my attempt to not hate the ROH invasion people without reason, I watched a bunch of ROH promos. This led me towards Dalton Castle and The Boys. I remember watching some of those promos a while ago from some of my friends more attuned to indie wrestling than I am.

Has Dalton Castle ever been on the WWE's radar? If not, can they get him, please? I would much rather watch him and The Boys doing a Queen cosplay act than anything else I've seen from ROH. 

1 minute ago, Greggulator said:

In my attempt to not hate the ROH invasion people without reason, I watched a bunch of ROH promos. This led me towards Dalton Castle and The Boys. I remember watching some of those promos a while ago from some of my friends more attuned to indie wrestling than I am.

Has Dalton Castle ever been on the WWE's radar? If not, can they get him, please? I would much rather watch him and The Boys doing a Queen cosplay act than anything else I've seen from ROH. 

You should have watched this week's ROH TV.  Castle teams up with his boys (Who have no individual names and are just referred to as Boy 1 and Boy 2) defended their 6-man titles against Colt Cabana (Castle and Cabana had a couple months-long feud previously) who recruited Sho and Yo, the Teriyaki Boys, to be his own boys and back him up.  Lots of schtick, trading off of spots, Twin magic spots etc. etc.  I thought it was a blast.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, caley said:

You should have watched this week's ROH TV.  Castle teams up with his boys (Who have no individual names and are just referred to as Boy 1 and Boy 2) defended their 6-man titles against Colt Cabana (Castle and Cabana had a couple months-long feud previously) who recruited Sho and Yo, the Teriyaki Boys, to be his own boys and back him up.  Lots of schtick, trading off of spots, Twin magic spots etc. etc.  I thought it was a blast.

That sounds pretty much exactly what I need in my life. 

33 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Castle attended a try out.  If I remember one of Naylor's podcast appearances, I think he made the mistake of showing up in flip flops or something (under dressed).