DVDVR Message Board

NXT AUGUST 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Yeah, that pic does look rather odd.  And apparently his post-match promo was extra goofy with his plans to change the business.  Kyle as a solo act isn't my favorite, but when in ReDragon he reined in a lot of his more annoying tendencies.  I'm hoping they pair them up ASAP for that reason.

I would totally be into ReDRagon vs. AoP.

With the word of members of the main roster being sent back to nxt, I'd like to see Harper and Rowan against the AoP since jack shit is being done with them on the main roster.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That's a shame, though for the sake of Stardom that might be for the best (assuming she's going back once healed up)

She has already returned

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

She actually returns on this coming Sunday's Korakuen show. Considering the inconsistencies in Dave's report its more likely Io was never coming in, at least not when he originally claimed.

Then why would she be taking a WWE physical, where they discovered her injury?

Given how quickly she returned I'm just assuming she decided against having whatever surgery they wanted her to.

5 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Then why would she be taking a WWE physical, where they discovered her injury?

Given how quickly she returned I'm just assuming she decided against having whatever surgery they wanted her to.

Eh, we really only have Meltzer's word that she even took one for WWE. He has been regularly off on this since he first made the claim Io & Kairi were coming to WWE last year. Right now it really doesn't look all that much different from what Io did last year when she took off time to heal an injury.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Eh, we really only have Meltzer's word that she even took one for WWE. He has been regularly off on this since he first made the claim Io & Kairi were coming to WWE last year. Right now it really doesn't look all that much different from what Io did last year when she took off time to heal an injury.

Not even the Stardom weirdo who creeps around messageboards screaming "Fake News" like a Trump spokesperson at anything slightly critical of Stardom has denied the injury was discovered in a WWE physical.

Even though I'm still not crazy about Bobby Roode on top, NXT has quietly gotten really good again after a slow first half of the year. The main title picture is almost completely rebuilt with McIntyre, Black, Ohno, Strong, and heel Itami. Fish and KOR are going to add even more depth, and god willing, Almas might actually be getting a real push. There's some silver lining with the women's division again with Kairi and Baszler coming in, plus Sonya Deville has been a pleasant surprise. The tag division is the only one still kind of lacking, but they could probably spare ReDragon under a new name right now if they really want to, plus a potential Lorcan/Burch pairing. I like Montez Ford, so hopefully the Street Profits work out.