DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 TV THREAD

RIPPA

Rick and Morty was amazing tonight. One of my favorite episodes period. Going to miss pure Morty. 

Spoiler

The reveal that Rick does hate being selfish, hateful, rude and loving Morty was something. Him saying excuse me for burping was great.

I dug that the "de-toxify" setup seemed like it would play out in a way we've seen 100 times before - then they made a 90 degree turn and everything got nuts.  Toxic Rick had a lot more depth than you'd think, and Pure Morty was a lotta fun.  I wouldn't have minded if they'd drug the split out for two or three episodes.

Is it just me or is Rick a bad influence on Morty?  I don't remember him freaking out and swearing so much in previous seasons.  He seems much more "tightly wound asshat" than he did last season.

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Is it just me or is Rick a bad influence on Morty? 

Not sure if serious...

In all honesty though, way back in season 1 in the Gazorpazorp episode, Morty's parents comment on Summer and Morty were both brought up and why they each developed so differently. We're still seeing that with Morty. Instead of Jerry's coddling though, Morty now has Rick corrupting him.

I re-watched the start of the most recent episode just a little bit ago before I started work and seeing Rick and Morty break down still kills me. I laughed so hard when I first watched it and laughed just as hard again. It's one of those things were you'd expect them to be totally burnt out, but they never show it. When they finally do it's magical.

Personally, I thought it was kind of blah. Clean Morty was a complete douche, and Rick was boring. Would have preferred to see the adventure they were on the first few minutes of the episode, but to each their own. . .

12 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Personally, I thought it was kind of blah. Clean Morty was a complete douche, and Rick was boring. Would have preferred to see the adventure they were on the first few minutes of the episode, but to each their own. . .

I think that was the point of it. Their toxic elements are what make them unique and in some ways decent people. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I did not realize that the Heathers reboot was a TV show and not a movie

I legit know none of the people in this cast

I figured that the success of awesome emo Riverdale would've brought Heathers back from the void.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic