DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 TV THREAD

RIPPA

40 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

So, uh, I started The Wire yesterday. I have no plan to visit the dedicated thread filled with 15-year-old spoilers, I just wanted to say that I am finally joining humanity.

Game done changed.

I know no one is watching the show but apparently on Kevin Can't Wait (the new Kevin James show that just finished its first season), CBS has decided to kill off the Mom/wife of Kevin James character so they can bring in Leah Remini as the love interest

Because nothing says comedy like killing off the Mom

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I know no one is watching the show but apparently on Kevin Can't Wait (the new Kevin James show that just finished its first season), CBS has decided to kill off the Mom/wife of Kevin James character so they can bring in Leah Remini as the love interest

Well, they fired the actress a month or so back, so I kinda figured it would be something like that.    Divorce or an absentee mom aren't particularly great staples for a comedy either.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They did it with Valerie 30 years ago. 

Hmmmm.... maybe not a great example. 

22 hours ago, Tabe said:

They did it with Valerie 30 years ago. 

Hmmmm.... maybe not a great example. 

I don't know it ran longer as the Hogan Family than as Valerie.  I can remember as a dull witted child thinking this was the Hulk Hogan sitcom I asked Santa for.

• Haha 1

It appears as though the Divergent television series that was supposed to pick up where the movie, Allegiant, left off has finally found a home on the Starz! premium network. 

Starz! has turned the script for Ascendant aka Allegiant Part 2 into a mini series and then move on from there. 

No word if Shailene Woodley or Theo James will reprise their respective roles as Pris and Four even though Shailene has already expressed her disinterest in returning to the material.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I remember Shailene shitting on the idea of doing TV but honestly beggars really shouldn't be choosers

They can always abandon Ascendant and shift the focus to the dude since there is an entire set of spin-off short stories told from Four's perspective.

Such is the knowledge you gain from having a 14 year old daughter.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I remember Shailene shitting on the idea of doing TV but honestly beggars really shouldn't be choosers

She's not exactly hurting for work. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

She was just in Big Little Lies.  I get the impression her talk about "not wanting to do TV" was really a polite way of expressing not wanting to do this TV specifically. :)

PS not white knighting for Woodley, who I refer to internally as "Bobo Jlaw."

I went home for lunch today and finally caught the Season 5 finale of Samurai Jack.

Man, is there an Air Quality Warning today?  I don't understand why my eyes are so puffy and watery.

1 hour ago, Mike Zeidler said:

Please let it end with Mike divorcing Frankie.

Why?  The Heck's are probably the most normal family on TV next to the Goldbergs.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

NBC has renewed the Will & Grace revival for a 2nd season

Mind you - the first season hasn't even aired yet

I watched that preview video they made awhile ago, to advertise that WE'RE BACK! 

It was so smug and irritating. Like that South Park episode where the people like the smell of their own farts. I can't believe I once thought this was a good show.