DVDVR Message Board

MLB - AUGUST 2017

RIPPA

Yonder Alonso to the Mariners

EDIT - The Ms had claimed Alonso off of waivers so that's part of the reason the division rivals traded with each other

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

That was also part of the joke. They're obliterating their division.

2 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I get that it's part of the joke, but we really should be talking about what the Dodgers are doing this year. Only 2 teams have a winning percentage over 600. The Astros at a generally awesome 640 and the Dodgers and there flat out stupid 709.

And they are doing it in a year that both AZ and COL look like 90 game winners. Really goddamn impressive and hella fun to watch.

MLB suspended Joe West for 3 games for apparently saying in a SI interview that Adrian Beltre was the biggest complainer in the game.

The Umpire's Union is obviously pissed and even Beltre was "Umm... why the fuck was he suspended?"

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I am going to a Mets game this afternoon and I have no idea why.

Because you still haven't reached the "Burning Bed" phase of your abusive relationship with the Metropolitans?  

• Haha 2

By the way, 538 is now starting to forecast percentage odds for the Trolleydodgers getting 117 wins.

Currently, they have a 13.5% chance according to their metrics.   (20.1% of tying the record)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-dodgers-have-a-real-chance-to-break-the-all-time-wins-record/

(Also, of note, they've gone 43-7 in their last 50, the best 50 games in MLB history.)

3 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

- players can have nicknames on the back. Judge is going with All Rise

Ugh.  Fuck Aaron Judge.  Look up the words "Brady Anderson", you'll see Aaron Judge's future. 

Also, fuck the Yankees. The one time they're allowed to do anything other than pinstripes or greys and they choose the absolute depths of boredom with "eBay Yankees warm-up knockoffs" style in navy/white.   (Note, this does not apply to the white hat, which is awesome.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Ugh.  Fuck Aaron Judge.  Look up the words "Brady Anderson", you'll see Aaron Judge's future. 

HAH.  I love irrational hate so much!  Rippa will be swooping in with a Darth Vader gif soon, I assume.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

If anything belonged in the "stupid things players Do" thread, ...

#oldwhiteguy

Oh yeah.  They all look like trash to me.  But...whatever.  MERCH!!!!

I do love Deadspin running a piece on how MLB is stupid for now making women's jerseys for this.  Like MORE left over merchandise is exactly what MLB wants.

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Because you still haven't reached the "Burning Bed" phase of your abusive relationship with the Metropolitans?  

The fact that you root for a team that's even more poorly run and has an owner who is way sleazier and shittier than even the Wilponzis makes your post even funnier.

• Like 1