DVDVR Message Board

MLB - AUGUST 2017

RIPPA

Yes, yes - we know Bartman is getting a ring. You guys have posted it twice now.

Though the idea that he needed to be forgiven at all is silly.

Of course I already saw one Cubs fan on Facebook screaming about how fans need to be taught how to blatantly interfere with the opposing team

People are stupid

• Like 1

As seen in the July thread, Yoan Moncada damn near destroyed his knee and Willy Garcia's head with an inadvertent Bomaye Knee last night. Luckily x-rays were negative, though Garcia certainly has a concussion.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yes, yes - we know Bartman is getting a ring. You guys have posted it twice now.

Though the idea that he needed to be forgiven at all is silly.

Of course I already saw one Cubs fan on Facebook screaming about how fans need to be taught how to blatantly interfere with the opposing team

People are stupid

Since I don't use Facebook all that much anymore, this was not me. Honest folks.

Also, I saw Bartman being given a ring as a way to apologize for how he was treated, not that he needed to be forgiven. I honestly haven't read a single story about it, so maybe I'm wrong.

I think he's been secretly employed by the team this entire time as part of a conspiracy to make their eventual win an even bigger deal. They threw that series! Bartman was in on it!

• Like 1

Prepare to dodge plagues of locusts and rains of frogs: Jon Lester hit a home run.

Edited to add: Lester has also thrown almost a hundred pitches through four innings.  So he might not get the win, despite being staked to an 8-1 lead.  Yeah... interesting outing.

Scherzer also went yard, and in the next half inning, threw one warm-up pitch and gave the throat slash signal and said he couldn't go. Nats were up 6-0 and the pen couldn't hold it, end up losing 7-6. Neck spasms is the rap from the team as to the extent of the injury for right now.

He says he slept on a shitty hotel pillow wrong and will make his neck start

Someone who won't be making a start anytime soon - Edinson Volquez who needs Tommy John

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Someone who won't be making a start anytime soon - Edinson Volquez who needs Tommy John

I hope he can make his neck start. He'll need it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

These guys stay at five star hotels, how shitty could he pilllow be?

Dodgers win today to go 43-7 over their last 50.

Rich Hill gave up three solo shots in the first to Conforto, Flores and Granderson. He straightened himself out and ended up going 5 and only allowing 3 more H. Seth Lugo was really excellent until the 6th when he gave up HRs to Chris Taylor and Bellinger to tie it. LAD won it with the longball, other than the two already mentioned, Turner, Puig and Seager all went yard.

These fucking guys have been crazy impressive in the way they've been able to win and win and win. I am all worked up about this fucking team!!!

• Like 1