DVDVR Message Board

MLB - AUGUST 2017

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Our company did the party suite thing at Citifield yesterday and we had a grand old time, but the new automatic walk rule is a real downer. Twice in a row Cespedes came up towards the end of the game with first base open, and both times they just shooed him to first base with zero fanfare (first time I ever saw that in 40 years of live baseball). I feel like they should ban intentionally walking someone on consecutive ABs, because that crowd WANTED Cespedes to be the game changer. 

I guess they could just throw him four really shitty pitches and accomplish the same task.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

More from the Yanks/Tigers

Apparently Brad Ausmus kept telling Brett Gardner to shut the fuck up which Joe Girardi is BITTER about

So don't be surprised if this flares up again the next time the teams play

Oh and Verlander knows his memes

Very simple solution: MLB tells both teams if they pull any shit the next time they play we drop the hammer and the guilty parties get lengthy bans. If the PA protests and it ends up before an arbitrator show the arbitrator footage of the brawl and say "This is how the players think things should be settled. We don't which is why we dropped the hammer after warning them not to do this. Do you think giant brawls and violence are OK?".

Miggy - 7 Games

Sanchez - 4 Games

Alex Wilson - 4 Games

Austin Romine - 2 Games

Brad Ausmus - 1 Game

Everyone else fined

Apparently Ausmus was suspended and not any other coach/manager because of the "intentional actions of Wilson" after warnings had been issued

Also interested side tangent - Clint Frazier and Garrett Cooper were each fined for entering the field while being on the DL which I now know is apparently a thing

I am going to assume the Yanks will appeal Sanchez's suspension while Romine serves his (and then drop it) so they can have a catcher

BS that Cabrera got more than Sanchez. Dude ran into the pile and sucker punched - twice. That's way worse than Miggy, who definitely earned 4-5 games. 

And the umpires should take a hit for letting Sanchez stay in the game. 

It's funny - I was watching the Yanks/Os brawl today from 98 (I was at the game so I always have fond memories)

And the umps literally just walked to 2nd base and let everyone brawl and just waited till everyone stopped brawling to do anything.

Of course - they weren't to blame for the start of the brawl like the umps yesterday were

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Who are Dodger fans here, that's who we're coming for! ... Cue 19 game losing streak.

Fredo and Grilledcheese, not sure of anyone else that regularly posts in the sports area of the board. Apologies if I forgot someone. 

MIL pitching looked good on Saturday and Sunday, for sure. Couple of slick defensive plays turned also. I like getting to see Eric Sogard, he was always a good time to watch out here in OAK. Both Davies and Nelson threw tremendously effective games. Anderson wasn't bad on Friday, but they made him work. Davies and Nelson made it looking fucking effortless.

The Rangers and Astros will be playing their series in Tropicana Field due to Hurricane Harvey

Stros will still be the "home" team in all three games.

There is also a report that the Stros series with the Mets (starting on Friday) will also be at the Trop but MLB hasn't confirmed that yet

Astros had a home series vs the Rangers and clearly had to move it. They went to the Rangers and offered to have it played in Arlington and in exchange have the series that was to be played in Arlington in September moved to Houston. Essentially it would've been a swap of series. The classy Rangers organization said they were fine with moving the upcoming series to Arlington but refused the offer of moving the September series. MLB stepped in and announced the series would be played at Tropicana Field. If it was possible and I were Houston I'd ask to play the games in Toronto (where people would show up to root against the Rangers). Would be fitting if the Rangers shitty stadium got levelled by a tornado. Scum.