DVDVR Message Board

MLB - AUGUST 2017

RIPPA

Hill fell on his sword, called it his fault for the loss. I call horseshit, LAD with 11 LOB and 0-9 with RISP. Rich Hill is a bad motherfucker and didn't deserve to come up short on 2 perfectos in a year's time.

It's real hard for me to be salty with LAD up 21 on AZ. 10 losses in the last 64 games. That's gangster as fuck. Perfecto or a no-no would have been outstanding, but I'm hoping for a more important celebration come October.

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

Hill fell on his sword, called it his fault for the loss. I call horseshit, LAD with 11 LOB and 0-9 with RISP. Rich Hill is a bad motherfucker and didn't deserve to come up short on 2 perfectos in a year's time.

It's real hard for me to be salty with LAD up 21 on AZ. 10 losses in the last 64 games. That's gangster as fuck. Perfecto or a no-no would have been outstanding, but I'm hoping for a more important celebration come October.

Planning a big Halloween bash?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sabremike said:

So a pitcher for what may end up being the greatest team ever gets Harvey Haddox'ed. Baseball is weird.

That Haddix game was all I was thinking about when the Dodgers kept leaving runners on. Maybe Hill will get a WS game 7 win like Haddix did, and that can take some of the sting out of losing this.

Our company did the party suite thing at Citifield yesterday and we had a grand old time, but the new automatic walk rule is a real downer. Twice in a row Cespedes came up towards the end of the game with first base open, and both times they just shooed him to first base with zero fanfare (first time I ever saw that in 40 years of live baseball). I feel like they should ban intentionally walking someone on consecutive ABs, because that crowd WANTED Cespedes to be the game changer. 

More from the Yanks/Tigers

Apparently Brad Ausmus kept telling Brett Gardner to shut the fuck up which Joe Girardi is BITTER about

So don't be surprised if this flares up again the next time the teams play

Oh and Verlander knows his memes