DVDVR Message Board

MLB - AUGUST 2017

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I only posted for the GOT reference. Not like I usually want to put over the evil empire. :)

Yeah, it was more directed at the Yankees than you. ;)

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I approve of Mark's reference

And of Mets fans bitterness

LAUGHS FOR OTHER REASONS doesn't even begin to cover that one.

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

(*****)

If you wanted a textbook example of how awful sports talk radio is (from the hosts and callers alike) you couldn't do better than this. The caller is dumb and the host responds with an insane unhinged diatribe. Here's a tip: when you call someone a clown you do yourself no favors when you act like an even bigger clown when doing so. This is pretty much why when it comes to sports talk I only listen to Tony Paige, the Shmoozer and Richard Neer. Basically everyone else is unlistenable.

• Like 1

"I'M TIRED OF THE CLOWN SHOW!!!!!" [immediately reaches over and honks old timey car horn] "And that sound means it's time for our [pushes button to play boinging spring sound effect] BONER OF THE DAY!" BONER OF THE DAY BROUGHT TO YOU BY [pushes button to make farting sound] Dannon Yogurt!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

That's random. 

Joc has been struggling mightily over the last handful of weeks and got sent down to OKC today to get right. Grandy is the guy to play LF or RF and Kiké Hernandez or Chris Taylor can get the starts in CF. Bellinger played RF today but rolled an ankle, so he's day to day which gets Adrian Gonzalez back in the lineup at 1B

15 hours ago, Ryan said:

They needed to spend some more money.

He came over for a PTBNL or cash, and NYM is sending cash along. I don't think he's going to cost them anything.

4 hours ago, Tabe said:

You can never have enough .228 hitters when you play in a hitter's paradise like Chavez Ravine.

He reached on a Castellanos E and came around to score the first run of the day today which would have been enough to win it on its own, so not a bad get so far. Also there's this:

OPS vs. Jake Arrieta 1.070, vs. Max Scherzer .920, vs. Tanner Roark .933.

and finally:

Grandy

.228 AVG | .334 OBP | .815 OPS with 19 HRs, 52 RBIs, and a +1.5 WAR

Pederson

.214 AVG | .329 OBP | .744 OPS with 11 HRs, 32 RBIs, and a -0.4 WAR

Edited by grilledcheese

Bartolo Colon FINALLY beat the Diamondbacks so he becomes the 18th pitcher to beat all 30 clubs

The irony is not lost that he finally did while pitching for an AL team

Also from the same story

There are currently nine active pitchers on the precipice of beating all 30 teams. Their names and the teams they’ve yet to beat: CC Sabathia (Marlins), Zack Greinke (Royals), Ervin Santana (Brewers), Ubaldo Jimenez (Rockies), Francisco Liriano (Marlins), J.A. Happ (Dodgers), Scott Kazmir (Brewers), Jon Lester (Red Sox), Edwin Jackson (Braves). Additionally, R.A. Dickey has yet to beat the Rockies and Cubs, Joe Blanton hasn’t beaten the Yankees and Athletics, and Jake Arrieta is winless against the Cubs and Mariners.