DVDVR Message Board

MLB - AUGUST 2017

RIPPA

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So remember when Michael Morse was trucked by his own teammate in the Giants/Nats brawl?

It looks like it will end his career

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/08/11/the-nats-giants-brawl-likely-ended-michael-morses-career/

That fucking sucks. I mean, he was hitting like .195 for SFG, so it's pretty likely he wasn't finding his way into a lot of games even if he did come back, but what a shitty way to have to hang it up.

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I don't know how slippery a base is normally but given that they have had really long rain delay that couldn't have helped.   

The storm that hit DC was so bad it forced the DC-RSL match at RFK to be abandoned. But hey, the Nats get to keep the gate tonight and that's the important thing. Not like it probably wrecked their season or anything.

Edit: I just read that the decision was MLB's and not the Nats. So let's all thank MLB for fucking up the Nats season with their idiocy. It's not like the game was so meaningful that it HAS to be played as it will have no effect on the final standings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

The storm that hit DC was so bad it forced the DC-RSL match at RFK to be abandoned. But hey, the Nats get to keep the gate tonight and that's the important thing. Not like it probably wrecked their season or anything.

Edit: I just read that the decision was MLB's and not the Nats. So let's all thank MLB for fucking up the Nats season with their idiocy. It's not like the game was so meaningful that it HAS to be played as it will have no effect on the final standings.

Bunch of dumb asses keep forgetting their sport isn't football.  Baseball has rainouts for a reason.

And now the best all around player in the game may have blown out his knee because "oh we can't have two rainouts in a row"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Harper has a "significant bone bruise" so is out indefinitely.

Somehow he managed to any ligament or tendon damage

How he managed to not blow out every knee ligament six ways from Sunday is amazing, that clip looks REALLY bad. . . .

• Like 1

Being super young and probably have strong leg muscles around it may have absorbed some of it I guess? Maybe he's an Inhuman who's amazing power is ligaments that don't tear. Nothing more.

• Like 1

The Red Sox honored the 1967 "Impossible Dream" team prior to Wednesday's game, and let's just say things didn't quite go as planned.

The Red Sox, also honoring the Jimmy Fund, had pediatric cancer survivor Jordan Leandre throw out the first pitch.

• Haha 1