DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

On 8/12/2017 at 8:08 AM, odessasteps said:

Cagematch lists two matches

1 tag match in Japan: bruno and baba vs race and robley in 1981

1 nwa title match in St Louis (60 minute draw) in 1973 

and 1 time they tagged in japan in 1973 vs baba and kutsuwada

I remember hearing Bruno talk about the St. Louis match on some shoot tape or other. After going an hour, they walk back to dressing room. First thing Harley does is light a cigarette. Bruno was amazed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Great ML said:

How are you going to publish that Flair pic and get the event name wrong? That's from Bash 88...Luger and Flair had a mustard and mayo motif.

Love that description of their motif, I always noticed that too... same colors but in different parts of the gear. But that pic actually is from Starrcade 87, after exiting the cage match with Garvin. Similar gear but different kneepads. At GAB 88, I don't think Flair bled while Luger's blood stopped the match.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

ruined by a MITB cash in and one of many awful Randy Orton title reigns

I watched SummerSlam 2013 live so 1am till 4am in the fuckin' morning UK time. I was elated seeing Daniel Bryan beat John Cena clean for the WWE Championship and was fucking pissed with Randy Orton's MITB cash in. It's one of the very few WWE events I bought on DVD. The only other? Money in the Bank 2011.

He actually did get away with it! 3 Min Warning attacked and they got away unscathed. Plus they won the blow-off match at Unforgiven. We'll just pretend that business with Rikishi dressed as a 400lb Samoan lesbian never happened.

Anyone notice Wade Keller posted in the comments section of that tweet (at least, I think it's that Wade Keller):

To wit:

So the only way to have fun is to do so publicly posing for pictures in a way that undercuts the veneer of realism to your on-air persona?

Lol, way to be a wet blanket.  This is why we like Meltzer better.

Alexa's jersey reading "5 feet of fury" made me laugh.

• Like 3

I do think Braun hurts his aura the more publicity/social media crap he does. In the attitude era, Austin and Vince tried not to be photographed together. Undertaker stays off of social media and is rarely photographed in public. Braun should try to limit how often he is seen out of character. 

I also think its a bad idea showing him next to a tall baseball player. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I think it's more telling that Cass is only about 6'8" or so, so they're LIARS~!

Cass killed his gimmick long before being called up, as the dummy went on the Stone Cold podcast and said "Yeah, I'm only 6-8..."

Fucker should've been fired for that shit.