DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cass buckled under the pressure of not being able to live up to Enzo hyping him up. 

Do I really care Cass isn't 7 feet tall and can't teach it? No.

Do I care that Andre wasn't actually 7'4" and 520 lbs? Maybe I would have as a kid. I don't go back and watch Andre matches and feel anger toward him for not being as big as advertised.

Except Andre did look a lot bigger then most if not all of those he faced back then. Andre's girth and big ass made a huge difference. Cass is skinny and really doesn't look to imposing to me.

17 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Anyone notice Wade Keller posted in the comments section of that tweet (at least, I think it's that Wade Keller):

To wit:

Lol, way to be a wet blanket.  This is why we like Meltzer better.

Alexa's jersey reading "5 feet of fury" made me laugh.

The only thing I'm outraged about is the jerseys. Yankee jerseys should never have names on them!! Times like this I wish Mike Francesa didn't hate wrestling cause I'd call right in

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The two photos were taken at the Shane Shamrock Cup I attended.  I was stunned seeing how jacked he looks but if it works then good for him I guess.

"Works" in what sense? I don't think the shape he's in will have even a little bit of an effect on his indy bookings.

26 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

"Works" in what sense? I don't think the shape he's in will have even a little bit of an effect on his indy bookings.

I meant to say if it works for him.  I'm not implying his physique will have any effect on his bookings.  But if whatever he's on (assuming he is)  helps him do what he needs to then fine.

"You gotta wear it through the airport."

Just more reasons to love Braun.

And I assume some sort of WWE version of that 5 feet of fury jersey will be up on the shop soon because that's pretty sweet.  

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

The only thing I'm outraged about is the jerseys. Yankee jerseys should never have names on them!! Times like this I wish Mike Francesa didn't hate wrestling cause I'd call right in

You could have called Beningo and Roberts. They're probably filling in for Mike, who usually takes a summer long vacation.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 7:17 AM, Technico Support said:

I don't know what it will look like, but it'll be fun when wrestling, and a certain strain of its fans, gets into the 21st century.  Nobody is going to not buy a ticket because Cass admitted to being shorter than his billed height  and Braun got his picture taken next to another tall person.  

Well one, you do know the further wrestling gets away from its roots, the worse it has gotten? Like seriously, modern wrestling blows and it will be worse in five years. As the collective of idiots who promote and buy tickets strain more of what makes wrestling unique out it. 

But I'm going to take a shot at this.

1. Nobody is going to buy a ticket to see Cass period. 

2. Braun having his pic taken next to a regular tall guy is not going to hurt  him. Neither is being on social media too much. But it chips away at his aura and makes him less special. But I suspect you already knew that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Victator said:

1. Nobody is going to buy a ticket to see Cass period. 

I mean, he's absolutely shit the bed with his heel turn and every segment involving him since (and most before) has been excruciating, but the word is that that he and Enzo do well in the ratings. So I'd wager that you're wrong about this.

10 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I saw that Keller tweet as well. And I know back in the day heels and faces couldn't even ride in a car or what Vic said about Stone Cold and VKM is true. But times have changed so much even in the last ten years I think it's ridiculous to think preserving someone's "character" has to extend to the entirety of their life. Not only is it impossible, that's just not how society operates. Nobody really thinks Braun is a crazy monster, and his absence on social media would not change anyone's mind to think so.

It seems people are creating an argument that no one else is making. Maybe Keller is, I don't follow him. I already crushed his lackey Mitchell. 

Nobody is saying Braun should go drop trucks on cashiers who piss him off, though that would be sweet. I am saying limit his time on social media and outside appearances so he appears more special on TV.  

The question is what value does social media add to the Braun Stowman persona on WWE TV?

6 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I mean, he's absolutely shit the bed with his heel turn and every segment involving him since (and most before) has been excruciating, but the word is that that he and Enzodo well in the ratings. So I'd wager that you're wrong about this.

I think once their feud ends, if it does, the ratings will show their singles "potential". 

Enzo still has his intro which he should be able to coast on for a bit but Cass is gonna be a different story. 

Yeah - it would be interesting to see if the trend continues but again the hot rumor is the WWE has changed their mind on the split and are putting them back together so who knows

And just to get back to the photos but stay with the discussion

Another reason for me to dislike Enzo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You could have called Beningo and Roberts. They're probably filling in for Mike, who usually takes a summer long vacation.

They did an extra hour today cause Mike was live at Citi Field. Its funny you mention that because they actually did mention Summerslam, talked about Jinder, and Flair's health issues coincidentally.

11 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I don't know what it will look like, but it'll be fun when wrestling, and a certain strain of its fans, gets into the 21st century.  Nobody is going to not buy a ticket because Cass admitted to being shorter than his billed height  and Braun got his picture taken next to another tall person.  

I don't know what it will look like, but it will be fun when we stop having trolls on this board.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Victator said:

It seems people are creating an argument that no one else is making. Maybe Keller is, I don't follow him. I already crushed his lackey Mitchell. 

ltUoaoQ.png

O29ZMNo.png

vZAicFd.jpg

Time to either raise or lower the dose, Vic.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

They did an extra hour today cause Mike was live at Citi Field. Its funny you mention that because they actually did mention Summerslam, talked about Jinder, and Flair's health issues coincidentally.

Yeah, they talk WWE from time to time.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Mike probably fell asleep in the studio again and nobody wants to wake him. 

This is me watching Raw in Smackdown in a nutshell. 

• Like 2