DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

I saw that Keller tweet as well. And I know back in the day heels and faces couldn't even ride in a car or what Vic said about Stone Cold and VKM is true. But times have changed so much even in the last ten years I think it's ridiculous to think preserving someone's "character" has to extend to the entirety of their life. Not only is it impossible, that's just not how society operates. Nobody really thinks Braun is a crazy monster, and his absence on social media would not change anyone's mind to think so.

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

Cass killed his gimmick long before being called up, as the dummy went on the Stone Cold podcast and said "Yeah, I'm only 6-8..."

Fucker should've been fired for that shit.

1 hour ago, Victator said:

I do think Braun hurts his aura the more publicity/social media crap he does. In the attitude era, Austin and Vince tried not to be photographed together. Undertaker stays off of social media and is rarely photographed in public. Braun should try to limit how often he is seen out of character. 

I also think its a bad idea showing him next to a tall baseball player. 

I don't know what it will look like, but it'll be fun when wrestling, and a certain strain of its fans, gets into the 21st century.  Nobody is going to not buy a ticket because Cass admitted to being shorter than his billed height  and Braun got his picture taken next to another tall person.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keller has been doing that bit for awhile now - he especially gets pissy that all the women are buddy buddy on social media. Of course - there are two entire reality shows based folks getting along (not to mention things like people not even being in character).

Plus - from the AP Story about the game

BIG BELTER

Yankees star Aaron Judge was presented a WWE championship belt by wrestling stars Braun Strowman, Big Cass and Alexa Bliss a couple of hours before the game, in recognition of winning the All-Star Home Run Derby last month in Miami.

"Wear it up to the plate tonight," suggested Yankees fan Cass, a few inches taller than the 6-foot-7 Judge.

"I might have to," the rookie slugger said.

Judge returned the favor, giving the trio customized Yankees jerseys.

Strowman is on the card Sunday for the popular SummerSlam event in Brooklyn. His father was a heralded slo-pitch softball hitter, and the brawny Braun said he had launched some long home runs too. "I've hit a couple of creatures in my day," he said.

If the WWE is getting the attention - they could care less about kayfabe

2 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Cass killed his gimmick long before being called up, as the dummy went on the Stone Cold podcast and said "Yeah, I'm only 6-8..."

Fucker should've been fired for that shit.

Maybe someone tried to teach him how to be 7 feet tall and he found out the hard way that's a lesson no one can learn.

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

Cass buckled under the pressure of not being able to live up to Enzo hyping him up. 

Do I really care Cass isn't 7 feet tall and can't teach it? No.

Do I care that Andre wasn't actually 7'4" and 520 lbs? Maybe I would have as a kid. I don't go back and watch Andre matches and feel anger toward him for not being as big as advertised.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Keller has been doing that bit for awhile now - he especially gets pissy that all the women are buddy buddy on social media. Of course - there are two entire reality shows based folks getting along (not to mention things like people not even being in character).

Plus - from the AP Story about the game

If the WWE is getting the attention - they could care less about kayfabe

Also lets not forget about the things like up down were heels and faces interact all the time

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Is that Charlotte on the left?  She looks like she's being forced to visit sick kids at gunpoint.  Hope that face is just a bad pic.

Also, that's an incredibly unflattering dress unless it's 1940's Day.

7 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Do hooks make it better, Eddie?

kinda cool looking, I guess

Now, Jesús Warrior having hook hands would just blow my mind. A wrestler with hook hands feels like it would perfect for a Chikara character. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Clearly someone doesn't have to worry about being tested anymore...

The two photos were taken at the Shane Shamrock Cup I attended.  I was stunned seeing how jacked he looks but if it works then good for him I guess.