DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

I loved Mike Awesome so much in ECW, I for sure thought he was going to end up a world champion in WCW. Then after that year of bullshit, there was the WWF buyout, and I got all excited again because I figured Vince would love him and treat his character right because of his size (his debut Hardcore title victory seemed to confirm this at the time). And then years after that, I really thought they might sign him after the great match he and Tanaka had at the first One Night Stand. Obviously Id hate for anyone to speak ill of the dead or anything, but was he just a difficult guy behind the scenes or what?? Nothing about that guys career makes any sense to me.

"Hey did you hear they're making budget cuts and killing all of the network shows? Lulz. Anyway, let's finish shopping these Civil War general beards onto all the female talent then take a five hour lunch break and brainstorm for our next piece." 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

I'd love to see an angle where Sin Cara introduces his new partner, who is this huge luchador. And after two or three months they get a title shot and win the titles, and then it's revealed that it's been Luke Harper under the mask the whole time.

Lucha Machine and Trucker Machine? Maybe throw in Ambrose in the Piper role as Huffer Machine. On house shows they can have run-in assistance from Juan Cena.

Also, I like how the guy dressed as Leatherface isn't the craziest person in BAHU's photo

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, (BP) said:

"Hey did you hear they're making budget cuts and killing all of the network shows? Lulz. Anyway, let's finish shopping these Civil War general beards onto all the female talent then take a five hour lunch break and brainstorm for our next piece." 

Content creation can lead to people going to the website, which can actively make the company money through advertising. The network shows in question do not make the company money - while we all loved Talking Smack, I find it unlikely that a large number of people were subscribing to the Network solely for that show.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

HBO was around in '76? Either way, that's bizarre and I really wanna hear that team now. What's it from?

HBO started transmitting in 1972 and went national in 1975, if I recall correctly. They had carried a lot of MSG shows right from the beginning. Not sure when the Atlanta one was aired.

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

l6BFs48.jpg

Whatcha doin', Bob?

Oh, just catching up with Mark Henry's kids online

Um, that's someone else's kid, not Mark Henry's.  You don't think all hand-children look alike, do you?  That's borderline racist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

JrCNdz2.jpg

Apparently Vince & Gordon were announcers at an event in 1976 in Atlanta.

Fairly sure this is from the 12/10/76 show at the Omni.  Main event was Terry Funk vs. Mr Wrestling II for NWA Title.  At one point, in the show, Vince referred to the "National Wrestling Association".  Oops.

Back in the 70's, HBO showed some NY-based programming, including some WWWF cards from Madison Square Garden.  Think Vince was recruited for the telecast because HBO audiences were familiar with him.  

Maybe it's just me, but Gordon looks like he's watching for his chance to make a break for it.

• Like 1