DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

The WW movie is pushed on Netflix, or at least on my stream as I have a weakness for foreign -I mean, International- action movies. It was not easy to watch. It almost seemed like a clever parody of Reagan-era jingoistic action movies rather than the ham-fisted paean to the military that it is. Almost.

- RAF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nate said:

Double what

Apparently, there are rumors circulating that Rusev and Lana are asking for their release.  FWIW, Meltzer thinks they're just starting a longer Rusev/Orton program.  Although.... was Rusev even on SDL this week?

I'll miss Rusev if he leaves the WWE.  Say what you will, but the man really knows how to stand on top of a table to make his submission finisher more painful.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Apparently, there's are rumors circulating that Rusev and Lana are asking for their release.  FWIW, Meltzer thinks they're just starting a longer Rusev/Orton program.  Although.... was Rusev even on SDL this week.

He was not but neither was Orton.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, ChesterCopperpot said:

yeah .......... so Cena

Respect, John Cena.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:42 PM, madsplash said:

Apparently Roman is under the very false impression that everyone can pull off dressing like Nakamura. 

Chcukled at this.

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:36 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

The plaid and the suitcases make me think he's plotting something in Gotham City.

Batman represetation will nearly always get a likeness from me ; ).

On 8/25/2017 at 3:19 AM, Eivion said:

So had anyone heard of that movie before the article?

I did, only because Tim Brayton reviewed it, and I follow box office way closer than is sane.

Cody Rhodes has a bet with Dave Meltzer that ROH can sell out a 10,000 seat venue. I don't see that happening unless they can convince Daniel Bryan and/or CM Punk to come back. 

That got me thinking. If you were ROH, where would you hold an event if you wanted to fill an arena? Hypothetically speaking, this event had mainstream appeal, like the return of Daniel Bryan. 

Where is the big wrestling hotbed right now? Bigger cities don't always translate to ticket sales. I recently came back from a European vacation and was able to attend the ROH/New Japan show in Liverpool. There are over 2 million people in the Liverpool metro area and they couldn't even fill an 800 seat venue. 

13 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Gotta be in the East Coast New York/Philly corridor, I'd think.

That was my first thought, but I don't think they have done close to that in Ny or Philly or Baltimore. But I also don't think they have tried. If memory serves, when they have run TAFKA the Baltimore Arena, it's been set up for a few thousand at the most.