DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Wait, so Jimmy Uso is Vanity?

Who gets to be Eddie Arkadian? Ellsworth? Kofi isn't as bulky as Julius Carry but I could see him as the Shogun of Jamaica...I mean Ghana....I mean Boston.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I love Big Bartholomew so much. But I am seriously dreading the day that creative decides it's a cute idea to put someone on TV in their Southpaw gimmick. I remember they had a poll on their website pretty much right after the episodes were released asking which character should be on Smackdown. I just think it'll lose so much of the charm.

The answer is the Ascension. Although them being sidekicks on Fashion Peaks is good enough.

• Like 1

So I'm watching GFW Amped Anthology, because we get free One Night Only's in Britain. Bobby Roode is in the ring saying he's a TNA guy, always has been, always will be.

Chael Sonnen is on commentary, and it sounds like he hasn't watched any wrestling in the last 30 years. But he might have googled 'Pro-Wrestling terms' earlier that day.

EDIT: OK, the bracket for the Tag Team Tournament is on screen now. It says Bollywood Boyz vs Akbars, Los Luchas vs Reno Scum, Cielo & Misterioso vs Teaze n Sleaze, and Bullet Club vs Killer Elite Squad. When was this filmed again?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Along similar lines to what's above; anyone else find it weird WWE is doing a Bruce Lee film?

I mean, considering the success that Sting had when he ripped off "The Crow," WWE having the rights to a Bruce Lee film seems oddly appropriate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AxB said:

So I'm watching GFW Amped Anthology, because we get free One Night Only's in Britain. Bobby Roode is in the ring saying he's a TNA guy, always has been, always will be.

Chael Sonnen is on commentary, and it sounds like he hasn't watched any wrestling in the last 30 years. But he might have googled 'Pro-Wrestling terms' earlier that day.

EDIT: OK, the bracket for the Tag Team Tournament is on screen now. It says Bollywood Boyz vs Akbars, Los Luchas vs Reno Scum, Cielo & Misterioso vs Teaze n Sleaze, and Bullet Club vs Killer Elite Squad. When was this filmed again?

Those were filmed in July, August, & October of 2015

General rule of thumb: if it's a WWE movie that doesn't have a wrestler, they just bought the distribution rights after it was produced.

Oddly, the inverse isn't always true, as the Christian movie with HBK from a few months back was also one they picked up after production.

So when you are Jonathan Gresham (Ring of Honor star) and Jordynne Grace (indie star recently seen watching Braun Strowman needing the jaws of life to get out of a vehicle) getting married is pretty awesome

So how about having Nikita Koloff leading the ceremonies.  Double awesome :D

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sevendaughters said:

that must really rub Vince up two ways. "goddamn mainstream eyeballs on the sumbitch" says Doc Hendrix to VKM, looking at a text from Linda bemoaning that fake news are covering their champ.

Speaking of, does Linda really do anything for this clownshow of a presidential administration?  Guys are quitting and being fired left and right and I have not heard a peep from or about her since the inauguration. 

46 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Speaking of, does Linda really do anything for this clownshow of a presidential administration?  Guys are quitting and being fired left and right and I have not heard a peep from or about her since the inauguration. 

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/columnists/carol-cain/2017/08/13/linda-mcmahon-wwe-sba/560123001/

This isn't exactly a national article, but it paints her as a non-embarrassment at least.