DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, sevendaughters said:

that must really rub Vince up two ways. "goddamn mainstream eyeballs on the sumbitch" says Doc Hendrix to VKM, looking at a text from Linda bemoaning that fake news are covering their champ.

Speaking of, does Linda really do anything for this clownshow of a presidential administration?  Guys are quitting and being fired left and right and I have not heard a peep from or about her since the inauguration. 

46 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Speaking of, does Linda really do anything for this clownshow of a presidential administration?  Guys are quitting and being fired left and right and I have not heard a peep from or about her since the inauguration. 

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/columnists/carol-cain/2017/08/13/linda-mcmahon-wwe-sba/560123001/

This isn't exactly a national article, but it paints her as a non-embarrassment at least. 

I just glanced up at the new iPhone commercial with the Rock and saw that the background on his phone is the photo of him wearing the turtleneck sweater :lol:

Note: It's the one where he comes out of the trailer, because apparently there are several of these that are new -- I just saw one of him floating in space taking a selfie

30 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I just glanced up at the new iPhone commercial with the Rock and saw that the background on his phone is the photo of him wearing the turtleneck sweater :lol:

Note: It's the one where he comes out of the trailer, because apparently there are several of these that are new -- I just saw one of him floating in space taking a selfie

I've been seeing these all goddamn day, while watching Comedy Central and TBS. 

Plus, there's this... 

Maybe they needed a new "Johnson Rod."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This where you can tell that Curt has gone over his limits and can't watch Youtube videos because I get nothing but Rock ads

Luckily that's not a problem anymore, hell I watched all of Southpaw and Nakajima/Cage from NOAH when I woke up. Maybe the bots haven't nailed me as a Rocky fan?

And Petrol nailed it -- Comedy and TBS on mute until I go to work

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

IMPOTUS tweeted yesterday that he was about to have a meeting with her.  I'm sure it was very productive.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

IMPOTUS tweeted yesterday that he was about to have a meeting with her.  I'm sure it was very productive.

"How are those small businesses? Still small?"

"Still small."

"They could get smaller though?"

"probably."

"good stuff. See guys this is what I'm talking about."

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, kafkonia said:

Does anyone know if Chuck Taylor (the original, not the current Chuck TaylorTM in Chikara) ever got a look at the Performance Centre? I always liked him more than Gargano when they were working together.

He was brought in for a tryout with a number of other guys, but wasn't signed for whatever reason. He did mention on a Best Friends episode that he had some kind of shoulder injury that he would have had to get repaired before they would consider signing him. I remember lots of false rumors at the time, like that he did the grenade thing in front of HHH, that he later dispelled in a Reddit AMA a couple of years back. I'm a big, big fan of that dude and would love to see him get a shot there if that's what he wants. I'm very happy to see him finally working with ROH and getting his due in PWG.

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

And Petrol nailed it -- Comedy and TBS on mute until I go to work

It's perfect now. Married With Children, 70's Show (episode with Rock/Shamrock/Hardy's, was on the other day) and Always Sunny (episode with Piper yesterday), can't beat that to start the day. 

My fondest semi-recent PWG memory of Chuck from a few years back is him yelling out at Ricochet "You're from Kentucky!" from the commentary booth-shaped-like-a-table when he was part of the Inner City Machine Guns with Rich Swann who is definitely legit. Ricochet, not so much. Inner City Paducah!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, piranesi said:

"How are those small businesses? Still small?"

"Still small."

"They could get smaller though?"

"probably."

"good stuff. See guys this is what I'm talking about."

I heard that Linda recommended business hammocks for the White House. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

"Unsuspecting Tour Bus" that just happened to be filled with WWE fans

Also... a typical day in NYC

Are you impugning the integrity of that guy who very obviously travels everywhere with a unicorn head mask?  How cynical!

9 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I love this so much. It's like they went full on '90s camp and Fandango cracks me up way too much with his overdramatic facial reaction to "and some cinnamon and garlic!"