DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

22 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

At the risk of interrupting all the fantasy booking of things that will absolutely never happen in a million years, does anyone know if Janetty ended up fucking his not-daughter?  I'm morbidly curious.

I'm afraid to ask, but what is this all about?

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently Booker T is stuck in Houston (understandable) so Jerry Lawler is filling in for him tonight on RAW

Is Otunga still "filming" that "movie"? Hey they are both awful but I'd take Otunga over Lawler anyday. As a commentator, as a wrestler I'd take Lawler.

Edited by Web Conn

22 minutes ago, Ace said:

Waitwaitwaitwait. I ain't even been negotiated with yet.

Your standard contract. You keep the the video and pay us $500,000 a piece.

4 hours ago, Web Conn said:

If you got Punk and Bryan involved in the main event and held the show in Chicago, Sinclair would still have to spend a ton of money on advertising to draw 10,000 people. I think it's possible to do but you'd have to announce the show pretty far out ahead of time and then bombard the city you are holding the show in with billboards and radio ads and television spots and local appearances from the wrestlers and just be all over the place locally. And everything on TV would have to build to the card for months to make it feel like a HUGE show and draw PPV buys. The show and lead up would have to be booked almost damn near perfectly to draw 10,000 people.

Isn't Sinclair like ultra right-wing? Just book Sam Adonis, get him on all the conservative outlets pushing his Trump love and book him against that Super Liberal worker I've been hearing about...the main event doesn't have to be the draw for all 10,000 people :)

Samoa Joe, who was scheduled to headline Raw tonight against John Cena, missed the show due to a knee injury.

The injury was suffered most likely at a Saturday night house show in Jonesboro, Arkansas, where he faced Cena. Joe missed both the Sunday night house show in Tupelo, Mississippi, causing the card to be rearranged, as well as not being able to wrestle on tonight's Raw.

Cena ended up facing Bray Wyatt in Tupelo instead.

The Roman Reigns/Cena verbal battle, which was almost completely scripted ahead of time and the key wording was mostly from the writing team and not anyone coming up with unapproved wording, was always scheduled on the show, so Joe's injury did not lead to the segment taking place.

Right now the word is that Joe will be out of action for six weeks or less.

WWE itself did not confirm the injury when contacted earlier today.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/samoa-joe-suffers-knee-injury-wwe-house-show-241886

After this weekends fight, half the people I know apparently went to a party to watch the thing. This got me thinking that WWE would be better served to do WM on a Saturday night. I'm pretty sure the Sunday thing was a traditional PPV night thing only, and it would make it better for other countries to watch it. I think they would end up getting more eyeballs and for 10 bucks (or free trial), more people signing  up for the network.

• Like 2

Back when they started PPVs they were occasionally on Saturday night, and it was a godsend because you didn't have to worry about school the next day.

I kinda wish they'd do a (pre-taped) Thanksgiving night event.  Move all the traditional Survivor Series matches to *that* and just have fun with it.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2017 at 4:49 PM, Web Conn said:

Sinclair needs to loosen up the purse strings and sign some more people.

On 8/28/2017 at 2:30 PM, Web Conn said:

Sinclair would still have to spend a ton of money on advertising to draw 10,000 people.

I LOL'd.

I've known people who have worked for Sinclair on the TV side and none of them ever suffered for a lack of stories of Sinclair's cheapness.  So don't ever start your "10,000 drawing show" ideas with "first, Sinclair has to lay out some cash."

Yeah It ain't happening. Dude they have more resources than Turner did. ROH could be doing and trying all types of things they could have a deep ass roster but Sinclair doesn't want to spend more money then they have to.

They're too busy trying to have the biggest list of TV affiliates in the country and possibly compete with the other 24 hour news channels. Just what we need, another one.

53 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I LOL'd.

I've known people who have worked for Sinclair on the TV side and none of them ever suffered for a lack of stories of Sinclair's cheapness.  So don't ever start your "10,000 drawing show" ideas with "first, Sinclair has to lay out some cash."

For what it's worth, they bought the CBS affiliate here and I have a couple friends there. Neither of them complain and it all sounds like business as usual.

THAT SAID, Sinclair also bought out the Fox affiliate here and those employees, including broadcast talent, were either brought on board with the CBS (WSBT) station, let go, or given a retirement package. Those people I'm guessing aren't as happy.

But hey, we get ROH now, so that's something...