DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'm sure nobody in the MMA section will want to discuss this so if you missed it.  Jon Jones got popped for steroids. He's facing a multi year suspension.  How that changes things for Lesnar, not sure. That's the mega fight everyone thought would be happening.  Maybe Lesnar choose to stay with WWE a while longer? 

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I personally loved all the Owen, Shamrock, Blackman stuff. 

Shamrock was really good in the Lions Den, he knew how to do natural looking pro wrestling stuff inside of it. I thought Owen was really good at turning up his aggression in those matches with Shamrock. 

11 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Does Roman do a lot of the charity/pr stuff for the company?  I know Cena does, and I think Miz and Titus do too.  Roman was on SportsCenter yesterday morning, and I took one look a him and went "Nope, this guy will never replace Cena."  He just struck me as out of place.  

Not sure what he was thinking with that shirt, but Roman tends to dress well for TV appearances and does small talk just fine.

Cena tends to dress no better, if plaids drives one away:

9ff51cc0216009ce6557f24535dbdd3b.jpg

FTR: I'm not saying what Roman was wearing on this particular day looked good.  But I wouldn't use Cena as the barometer of fine men's clothing to judge it.  Titus O'Neil and Miz are the two guys who consistently get it right, and I'd wager they actually know how to coordinate their own wardrobes.

9 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

The ginormous pic TMZ used of McCarver is... not flattering.  Makes him look like a cross between a roided up freak of nature and a bad photoshop.  There have to be pics out there that make him look like a human being,

Here's the pic (spoilered for size.

Reveal hidden contents

0822-remembering-dallas-mccarver-launch-1.jpg

That's not a real person. That's one of those dummies you learn how to perform CPR on at a YMCA. Surely?

6 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The plaid and the suitcases make me think he's plotting something in Gotham City.

LOOOL my thoughts exactly.  He looks like one of those third tier DC villains whose corny real name miraculously matches up with his criminal alter ego.  Like he's The Plaid Menace and his real name is John Tartan.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Not sure what he was thinking with that shirt, but Roman tends to dress well for TV appearances and does small talk just fine.

Cena tends to dress no better, if plaids drives one away:

That literally looks like someone stitched together a bunch of pairs of my boxers. 

And thank you for mentioning that, yes, Cena dresses as bad as everyone else. They're wrestlers, do you expect them to have fashion sense? 

• Like 1

Hmm... maybe Baron is woke.   

Also, since it hasn't been mentioned, WWE confirmed last night Big Cass tore his ACL and will get surgery today.   He will be out for 9 months. 

12 hours ago, Victator said:

Shamrock was really good in the Lions Den, he knew how to do natural looking pro wrestling stuff inside of it. I thought Owen was really good at turning up his aggression in those matches with Shamrock. 

I thought the same until I watched the Owen-Shamrock Lion's Den match recently - Owen led Shamrock by the nose through that thing.

27 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I thought the same until I watched the Owen-Shamrock Lion's Den match recently - Owen led Shamrock by the nose through that thing.

I actually gave that a re-watch last week and thought the same thing. Same with the Dungeon Match. Owen is clearly calling that match.

6 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I actually gave that a re-watch last week and thought the same thing. Same with the Dungeon Match. Owen is clearly calling that match.

There is no reason Owen would not be calling the match. Shamrock still had some cool offense in it.