DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

15 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Did anyone ever just try kicking him in the dick?

I still remember Rumble 94 - Bigelow/Tatanka, Tatanka started doing his war dance/hulk up, Bigelow just shrugged and enziguiri'd him in the back of the head. It was glorious.

The first time I saw that was Bigelow/Headshrinkers vs. Tatanka/Smokin' Gunns at SummerSlam '94 (which is a HIGHLY underrated match, just for the triple diving headbutt spot).  I remember sitting there thinking "Why the heck hasn't anyone else thought of that before?"

If I had to hazard a guess, Flair's issues are sounding heart-related - surgery could've been as simple as putting a stent in.  My own father went through the same thing a couple of years ago and it was scary for a bit (especially since the nurse accidentally triggered his vagus nerve shortly after surgery and caused him to faint in front of us on the hospital bed - it only lasted about ten seconds but those ten seconds were an eternity)

Side tangent - there apparently is some heat on Ryan Satin and Pro Wrestling Sheet since apparently Flair's family told folks like Meltzer and others that they were going to keep things private, etc... and gave them enough details to report the story.

Satin however started calling all the hospitals until he found the one Flair was at and then starting demanding to talk to people.

(There is also some speculation that Satin got pissy about not getting more specifics and then start leaking negative things about Flair and his condition. Again - this is all via Twitter so who the fuck knows)

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Side tangent - there apparently is some heat on Ryan Satin and Pro Wrestling Sheet since apparently Flair's family told folks like Meltzer and others that they were going to keep things private, etc... and gave them enough details to report the story.

Satin however started calling all the hospitals until he found the one Flair was at and then starting demanding to talk to people.

(There is also some speculation that Satin got pissy about not getting more specifics and then start leaking negative things about Flair and his condition. Again - this is all via Twitter so who the fuck knows)

I'm curious if Mr Satin has ever heard of HIPA laws? If this is true the guy is an absolute moron.

• Like 2

Satin definitely calls hospitals and he has also tweeted out before things like "does anyone know people at (insert hospital here)".

I mean it is the same thing TMZ does and that is where he came from

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I'm not sure if this should be here or the WWE Network General Thread, but isn't WWE Network still using this as its streaming platform? If so, I wonder what this will mean for that long term.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/08/14/bravesmlb-teams-to-get-about-50m-each-from-disney.html

Disney is paying the MLB because BAMTech is basically their property. BAMTech = Baseball Advanced Media Tech.

WWE had to pay them to develop their network, so did HBO Now and even Disney for their standalone service and the ESPN spin-off.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Because one thing online wrestling people have never had is a sense of self-awareness.

I wasn't aware of that.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

With his personality, why isn't Rusev a babyface, other than "He's a foreigner, and foreigners are bigly terrible"?

Considering what happened when foreigners like Khali and Kozlov turned face, Rusev can stay heel forever as far as I'm concerned.  That what makes Rusev even better is that he is this big, menacing heel, and occasionally he'll be hilarious.  There is no "occasional" for "comedy" wrestlers.  He'd just become a larger version of Santino.   

Lana cracking the TINIEST smile at the end is the best part.  Especially since the editors had to know she did it and they left it in anyway.