DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Speaking of Twitter nonsense, reading wrestlers and fans getting all upset at David Crosby is embarrassing.

Well I know he was not the best announcer. But I think he brought enthusiasm to matches. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Speaking of Twitter nonsense, reading wrestlers and fans getting all upset at David Crosby is embarrassing.

it made me happy. david crosby is trolling wrestling fans in defense of a computer game. what a time to be alive!

4 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Wait, what? The David Crosby?

Yep, that David Crosby.  And it's honestly not that bad either.  Reading it it sounds like he still thinks it's called WWF.  If anything it's an attempted troll job that blew up in his face.  And the fact that people are not seeing through that is rather embarrassing on their part too.

8 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Yep, that David Crosby.  And it's honestly not that bad either.  Reading it it sounds like he still thinks it's called WWF.  If anything it's an attempted troll job that blew up in his face.  And the fact that people are not seeing through that is rather embarrassing on their part too.

Googled his Twitter and an SI article popped up. Apparently Jericho and Matt Hardy tweeted at him about it. Hopefully this'll lead to a Jericho/Crosby collaboration. Seriously speaking, it'd be cool as shit for him to be on his podcast. 

7 hours ago, Web Conn said:

There was this gorgeous women at the Defy 6 show last Thursday, like stood out hot. Too hot for a wrestling show. I thought about taking a picture just cuz how much she stood out but I didn't want to be a creep.

I wonder if it was the late Buddy Wayne's wife, who was ridiculously hot compared to who she was married to (I love Buddy, but even he would admit he was insanely overchicked.)  Moondog Moretti's daughter, if I recall correctly.

She was young, like maybe early 30's if not late 20's. She was talking to some of the boys that were trained by Wayne. One of the young boys working ringside security said she knew Bray Wyatt. 

11 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I wonder if it was the late Buddy Wayne's wife, who was ridiculously hot compared to who she was married to (I love Buddy, but even he would admit he was insanely overchicked.)  Moondog Moretti's daughter, if I recall correctly.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

The wrestling tie-in to Disney starting its own streaming service

Disney announced that its acquired majority ownership in BAMTech, who partner with WWE on the Network, in advance of starting their own streaming service.

If there's any sense of what's right, Reigns shows up with this clip in tow - Strowman saying, "I don't know what kind of girl I am!" - to get in his head.

But don't ask me, I'm creative but not Creative.

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:26 PM, Edwin said:

When did the endless thigh slapping in matches start?

I firstly noticed this in 2004 I believe it was during a match featuring Alex Shelley in IWA-MS as he threw a kick on Jimmy Jacobs or someone and CM Punk was on commentary and he was clowning Shelley for the thigh slapping. From the pre 2004 stuff I've bee watching, it didn't notice this occurring at all. Now a days virtually everyone does it, but there's cases like Michael Elgin and Naomi where it's just blatant.

Backreading the thread, sorry for the late reply.  I first noticed it around 1996 when I had Nitro taped and was watching a Booker T match.  I was like "What's making that noise?  I know he's not kicking the guy in the face that hard" and frame-by-framed it to see what was happening.

Owen Hart always did it on the enziguiri too.

19 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Atleast he isn't talking about Kanye West

Or his bandmates. Both Graham Nash and Neil Young hate him now.

Just now, S.K.o.S. said:

Backreading the thread, sorry for the late reply.  I first noticed it around 1996 when I had Nitro taped and was watching a Booker T match.  I was like "What's making that noise?  I know he's not kicking the guy in the face that hard" and frame-by-framed it to see what was happening.

Owen Hart always did it on the enziguiri too.

I seem to recall Michaels doing it once he became a babyface. I know Tajiri was doing it by '98.

Re: thigh slapping.  I first really noticed it with Tajiri in ECW and the crowd just eating it up.  I also remember a letter to WOW magazine (Which was not a kayfabe mag) asking how Tajiri got that snap on his kicks, and the writer/editor replied that they thought he had a device in his boots that made the sound when he made a kicking motion and I remember going "What? Seriously?  He's slapping his thigh."  I mean, Tajiri was one of the best at making the slap look like part of the kicking motion, and the snap of his kicks fit it perfectly but you could still tell what he was doing with a video and slow-motion.

Someone already said Chris Adams but that is (at least in my mind) the correct answer

But this is fun as we are exposing the board demographics again.

• Like 2