DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

If anyone in the front office watches sports, i wonder if we could get an angle playing off the Neymar signing when someone jumps from show to show? Maybe Titus could secretly be backed by Qatari oil money? 

15 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Enzo should think about it for two seconds, say "fuck the business," and go make money being a hanger-on at parties who guest DJs and shit. I can't imagine that it's worth the money or the CTEs to put up with these fragile dumbasses at his workplace who are so focused on protecting da biz, even if he's also a dumbass. 

Who's to say they were fragile dumbasses protecting the biz?  If you had a guy loudly bitching about the company you work at and most people are relatively fine with where they are you think that's going to work out fine for him?  Don't get me wrong, it's a shitty business and he has a right to complain.  He just should have done that in a setting that didn't have a bunch of his co-workers around.

That said, at this point Enzo is better off leaving the company and being the celebrity hanger-on that many here said he can/should be.

It's interesting that JBL made the comparison between the Miz and Enzo. They are each grating, irritating personalities that more or less live the gimmick.  They are  both excellent on tv but you could totally see how they annoy the hell out of everyone simply by existing.

I picture Enzo as the real life version of the Richmeister from snl. 

Eva Marie announced her release/departure on Twitter earlier today.  I was under the impression she had been officially released a while ago.  It's been brought up here at least twice in the past six months or so.

8 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Funny how little people care about Ho Ho Lun and Eva Marie, not a word of their releases.

If there was, I missed it, even after combing this thread twice.

Ho Ho Lun's release was mentioned in the NXT thread AND the photo thread (since Cristobal is silly)

It also came out today that Lun asked for his release due to family reasons

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Eva Marie announced her release/departure on Twitter earlier today.  I was under the impression she had been officially released a while ago.  It's been brought up here at least twice in the past six months or so.

It was more they decided to not use her and at the time where just going to let her contract run out.

The cost cutting matters seem to have changed that time table.

5 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Wasn't she Champion? I guess she's a holdover from the Diva period, before the Horsewomen, etc. 

Except for the ones who can actually wrestle, like Nattie or Mickie, what does that leave us from that era? The Bellas, who don't really wrestle?

Maria and Maryse don't wrestle anymore. 

I never thought Alicia Fox was particularly good (or even average), but she occasionally trotted out some lethal-looking offense.  I was never sure if her ax kick was that just good, opponents made it look good by selling the crap out of it, or she just stiffed opponents and legit knocked them loopy.

32 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I never thought Alicia Fox was particularly good (or even average), but she occasionally trotted out some lethal-looking offense.  I was never sure if her ax kick was that just good, opponents made it look good by selling the crap out of it, or she just stiffed opponents and legit knocked them loopy.

It's all about that Alicia Fox tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Thing of beauty. She does like two good moves, between that and the axe kick.

Strange how many shows WWE has cut from the network but they really haven't cut any talent in eons. I'd be okay with a long list of names being culled so they can actually do something with their careers or find something else entirely different.

4 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

It's interesting that JBL made the comparison between the Miz and Enzo. They are each grating, irritating personalities that more or less live the gimmick.

Is this actually true about the Miz? I'm not crazy about the guy on tv, but he seems like a decent dude when he's not in character.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

It's all about that Alicia Fox tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Thing of beauty. She does like two good moves, between that and the axe kick.

Strange how many shows WWE has cut from the network but they really haven't cut any talent in eons. I'd be okay with a long list of names being culled so they can actually do something with their careers or find something else entirely different.

Don't forget that Northern Lights suplex, the bridge she gets on that is impressive.

32 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Is this actually true about the Miz? I'm not crazy about the guy on tv, but he seems like a decent dude when he's not in character.

I would imagine in past years he was like that, but in the last couple years he seems like he's really settled down on the more annoying aspect IRL.  I'm sure Maryse can only take so much of that side anyway, and it seems like they're a wonderful couple.  If Total Divas is any indication he seems like a pretty good guy.  Just don't get him started on Fantasy Football.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ho Ho Lun's release was mentioned in the NXT thread AND the photo thread (since Cristobal is silly)

I thought we agreed we were blaming you for that.

Also I refuse to believe anyone on Total Divas other than Bryan is actually acting normal.