DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Since it has come up from time to time - Meltzer's blurb about Enzo in the latest WON

The situation with Amore was discussed on the 7/31 episode of “Bring it to the Table,” where our report from several weeks ago regarding his being kicked off the bus by Reigns due to heat with the locker room was acknowledged. JBL said that a lot of that stuff happened, talked about wrestlers court in the old days (where Kane was the bailiff because of his resemblance to “Bull” in the old TV show “Night Court”) and how he had kicked people off buses and said that it’s difficult when the locker room turns on someone and with the exception of Miz, nobody in that situation every really made it. Graves, who knew the situation well, said that he personally didn’t like Amore, saying that Amore is exactly like his TV persona 24 hours a day and when you’re with him day-after-day, him being loud and abrasive and talking about who he partied with in Los Angeles gets old. Graves said that he does think Amore is valuable to the company, noting that the fans love him, that he does well in quarter hour ratings and he sells a lot of merchandise (hence Amore’s line to Cass when they split up about how Cass’ merchandise check was going down to no times). The incident in question we were told that broke the camel’s back and this happened some time back, was him talking very loudly on his phone to someone and saying things that those who couldn’t help but hear him thought were negative about the business while bragging about how much money he was making from the business to that person. There has been talk of different things that can be done with Amore, since Vince McMahon sees him as a guy who you use to constantly make fun of in booking portrayal, who talks big and then always gets beat up easily, but that heels can get heat from beating up because the fans truly like him. Among ideas we’ve heard include going back to NXT with the idea it’s away from Vince McMahon and he can be a signature superstar on that brand and help sell tickets to road shows, or a move to 205 Live, where he’s a guy fans react to on a show which struggles to get any fan reaction. Graves himself brought up that he thinks Amore should be moved to 205 Live, and he’s hardly the first person to have made that suggestion. Kalisto was also brought up as someone who should move to 205 Live

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The incident in question we were told that broke the camel’s back and this happened some time back, was him talking very loudly on his phone to someone and saying things that those who couldn’t help but hear him thought were negative about the business while bragging about how much money he was making from the business to that person.

If I had any sympathy for the guy this pretty much wiped that away.  The guy can and likely will remain valuable, but if this is true then he more than deserved getting booted off.  If you're going to gripe about the business at least do it where you're not on a bus full of other people in said business.  I'd seflishly keep him away from NXT unless it means he gets booted by the likes of Aleister.  And I'm not fond of him going to 205 Live but would be more than pleased to see Kalisto go there.

Just now, Victator said:

I like to imagine Kane was not told this. That he was selected randomly.

Seriously, here's me reading that sentence:

...where Kane was the bailiff...

"HA!  That's funny because he actually looks like..."

because of his resemblance to “Bull” in the old TV show “Night Court”

"oh holy shit"

• Like 6

So in my list of YouTube recommendations there was a short audio clip of Ryback talking about Grim (the guy from Jersey that had Brian Myers on his channel) getting roughed up in a match a few days ago. I think I'm more surprised this hasn't happened sooner based on how obnoxious he can be when attending matches or autograph signings.

6 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

If I was Enzo I would rather get released or not be able to ride the bus than work 205 Live.  

Austin Aries was no fool, prefering to get released than be in 205 Live Purgatory.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Enzo could probably have a job as a hype man for the rapper Stitches. They've both got the worst tattoos ever and I'm sure Enzo would love the easy access to coke. 

Easy access to coke, you say? Can anybody apply for this job?

5 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

Is  the "hot summer angle" breaking up tag teams which hid each others weaknesses to cause all of this intrigue about "what the hell do you do with these people now?"

It certainly isn't Jason Jordan as Kurt Angle's son.

Enzo should think about it for two seconds, say "fuck the business," and go make money being a hanger-on at parties who guest DJs and shit. I can't imagine that it's worth the money or the CTEs to put up with these fragile dumbasses at his workplace who are so focused on protecting da biz, even if he's also a dumbass. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Enzo should think about it for two seconds, say "fuck the business," and go make money being a hanger-on at parties who guest DJs and shit. I can't imagine that it's worth the money or the CTEs to put up with these fragile dumbasses at his workplace who are so focused on protecting da biz, even if he's also a dumbass. 

Meltzer has mentioned that Enzo has a pretty decent life outside the business.  His line a few weeks ago about his fantasy life being better than his real life was supposedly something of a shoot, meaning that his life and options outside the business are better than his career with the WWE.  Those merch checks are going to dry up real fast if they exile him to 205 Live and I don't know that NXT will do him any favors.  Considering his future might be "guy who gets booted in the head routinely", he probably should be thinking about other options once the checks start getting smaller.

Regarding merch, if he bounced and became an instagram celebrity/DJ, he could still do shirts on one of the pro wrestling tees websites and cash in on that for a few years, especially if he popped up in one of the larger indy promotions from time to time. 

Also, I hate that I have to go to work everyday and Spike "Dice" Dudley is financially secure for years to come by just being a shithead, but such is life. 

I have actually grown to like Enzo lately. He has shown a lot of heart and vulnerability in his promos. 

I think you could build to him beating Cass in a street fight and he could get over. He is still bad in the ring but he could be a good underdog. 

10 hours ago, Technico Support said:

"LOL" somehow isn't enough for this.  Holy shit.

This was by far the highlight of that story.  Now I want to know who was the Night Court fan in the locker room who first realized Kane looked like Richard Moll.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

When he's on, he's a really great promo with a ton of charisma.

He would've been a great manager back in the day.

He still could be.

Give him a group of mistfits. Guys that are rejected from the "Titus Brand". and you could have a perfectly fine lower card rivalry with 8-10 guys all looking our for each other.

Titus, Cedric, Swan, Tozawa
vs
Enzo, Apollo, Hawkins and Kalisto

Decent mix of heel and face personalities. Some shades of grey. They are all treated like jobbers mostly anyway and this gives reason for a bunch of match combinations for months on RAW. Blow it off at Survivor Series with the losing team having their captain (Enzo/Titus) sent to Smackdown.

Enzo as the hype man for Heavy Machinery on SDL works for me.

• Like 1