DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is The Inexpicable Push of Big Cass - 7/31/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Was there some popular tv show or sports event on tonight that made them want to put the main event on in the second hour?  It's long been speculated that they were doing that because so much of the viewers go to bed early.  Or maybe they just wanted to be sure anyone who'd like to beat the traffic rush after the show could do that.

It was a slow night at work but I don't think I could tell you half of what happened on this show bc it was so uneventful.

5 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Was there some popular tv show or sports event on tonight that made them want to put the main event on in the second hour?  It's long been speculated that they were doing that because so much of the viewers go to bed early.  Or maybe they just wanted to be sure anyone who'd like to beat the traffic rush after the show could do that.

It was a slow night at work but I don't think I could tell you half of what happened on this show bc it was so uneventful.

The Yankees beat the crap out of the Detroit Tigers. That's what I was watching while I periodically checked in on Raw. I enjoyed the six man cruiserweight match.

The Big Cass push is going to die a slow, painful death.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Yankees beat the crap out of the Detroit Tigers. That's what I was watching while I periodically checked in on Raw. I enjoyed the six man cruiserweight match.

The Big Cass push is going to die a slow, painful death.

It could be worse.  He could get the Roman treatment and his push will die a slow, lingering death.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

There's always a 3rd hour drop off.  They've accepted this and have been putting on the "main event" at the end of the 2nd hour for a while now.

28 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

This whole thing is going to end with Jason Jordan hooking up with Kurt's wife isn't it?

We know it would if Vinny Ru was around.

Kurt really upgraded from Karen to his current wife. Good for him!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Was there some popular tv show or sports event on tonight that made them want to put the main event on in the second hour? 

CNN was following by helicopter as Scaramucci arrived at Vesuvio's with his family and he was just about to hop on the bar and sing "A Real Live Girl" while groping the owner's niece.

Vince had to make the call.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

The crowd was weak tonight. Everything felt less than it actually was.

Jordan's segment with Miz was ok. Loved the belly to belly into the Miztoruage.

Nia/Bayley was good even with the dead crowd. Same with the triple threat which was inexplicable not the main event.

The dq finish to Cass/Show was dumb. The match itself wasn't too bad whenever it was Cass bumping for Show. Still have no idea why it was the main event even if the feud has been decently received.

I'm still digging the the continued story of Seth trying to repair the friendship with Dean. Its been oddly well done. I'm curious just what tag titles match for Summerslam will be with the current build between all the teams.

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Did no one else like the Miz TV thing with Jordan? I mean, he has no charisma and can't talk, but it was laid out as such a classic trashy Sunday Morning Wrasslin' angle I was kind of loving it.

It had that 1980s tabloid sleaze to it, and it worked for me.  The Miz is fantastic with this sort of thing and Jordan works because he's trying to convince himself being revealed as Angle's long-lost kid is something honorable instead of the borderline scummy secret it is (storywise).

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm still digging the the continued story of Seth trying to repair the friendship with Dean. Its been oddly well done. I'm curious just what tag titles match for Summerslam will be with the current build between all the teams.

It's kind of like if John Hughes was really really into shirtless dudes in their 30s instead of teenage girls.

Seth is trying to pull off Emilio Estevez but stuck at Mary Stuart Masterson.

Dean is trying to be Duncan but coming across as more of a Jon Cryer right now.

Get it together guys. What the feud needs is Annie Potts.

• Like 2