DVDVR Message Board

WARNING - Board Upgrades

RIPPA

I'm trying to use Twitter's Copy Link to Tweet command and it does't work.  The DVD board just displays the link and doesn't embed.  I did post a link just now by copying the URL of the tweet directly out of the navigation bar.

Twitter does appear to have changed their format for copying tweets, but I don't think that's the problem.  This morning when I tried it, I was getting the old pop-up box.

AH-HA!!!!

Okay - if you paste as plain text, everything appears normal (see the above post)

If you select just "paste" the link posts with some funky html buried in it and doesn't embed (see the weird gray box)

If you click on remove formatting - the Twitter link will embed properly

So it is just like normal cutting and pasting - PASTE AS PLAIN TEXT!!!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

I'm going to cry the day I lose my "Los Ingobernables DVDVR" title.

"Los Ingobernables DVDVR" is for life, I made sure of that.  No, I'm not an admin, but I have hidden powers that I use (mostly) for good.

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

AH-HA!!!!

Okay - if you paste as plain text, everything appears normal (see the above post)

If you select just "paste" the link posts with some funky html buried in it and doesn't embed (see the weird gray box)

If you click on remove formatting - the Twitter link will embed properly

So it is just like normal cutting and pasting - PASTE AS PLAIN TEXT!!!!

woohoo!

Thanks. 

I just had to install a security patch so if you ran into wacky in the last 5 minutes or so - that is why

And will also explain if you have to log-in again

Bug (Feature?) found with BlueBoh skin.  When creating a topic, the text in the topic box is black, with the black background.  Took me a couple minutes to realize it and not curse out Chrome for fucking up again.

Yeah - all the skins besides the default where customized for the old versions of the board.

I haven't had a chance to seek out ones optimized for this version