DVDVR Message Board

WARNING - Board Upgrades

RIPPA

Sometime - sooner rather than later - I need to run the next patch/upgrade of the IPS Community Suite

1) Reading the notes - this is a large update and will have visual "updates". Who the fuck knows what this means but I know y'all will hate it because you all fear change

2) It most certainly will break things

3) There is a good chance we will need to call in customer support which is always comical

4) If the board dies, it might die for good so so long and thanks for all the fish

• Like 2

I embrace change. Let our inevitable demise commence! *sends Rippa a congratulatory gift basket* It may contain Kelly Ripa's head on a pike.
6df6d2c170414b7ab04c0f9f6f8fed64.jpg

• Thanks 1

The biggest changes I know of are:

If you don't upload an avatar it now uses the first letter of your username (instead of that random gray figure)

There are like 5 choices under "like" - I am gonna have to see if I can make changes to that but they are there at the moment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The best part of the NISE BLACK BLUE fonts being unreadable is I thought "unread content" and "mark board read" had disappeared in the upgrade.

I wonder if they fixed the weird tagged thread bug where sometimes it takes you to the tag search instead-of the first unread post in the thread.

4 minutes ago, Mike Zeidler said:

The best part of the NISE BLACK BLUE fonts being unreadable is I thought "unread content" and "mark board read" had disappeared in the upgrade.

I wonder if they fixed the weird tagged thread bug where sometimes it takes you to the tag search instead-of the first unread post in the thread.

I got stuck on that one just now when scrolling through the themes. I freaked out that I wouldn't be able to get out of it! 

I use the default theme, and it works for me. 

I use Caliv6 red revisited and see two issues:

https://s1.postimg.org/w4vfuaj8v/DVDVR.jpg

There's an invisible link to the main board page at the top, but it's always been that way

The thread starter's avatar and some thread header text is misaligned.  Wait, I just double checked...everything on the left is misaligned and weird.

Also, does posting images by just pasting the link no longer work or is postimage.org being goofy?

I was just coming to post this update

For the moment - I might be able to change the setting - photos get embedded as hyperlinks.

You need to use the "Insert Other Media" drop down in the bottom right corner of a post to get them to post as photos

I will post a screenshot when I get the free moment

No one is going to straight out "like" anything anymore, because we're all afraid of throwing hearts around. Everyone will be all "oh, yeah, thanks for that great post, fellow manly person. Have a trophy, as in an athletic event."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1