DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER - Brooklyn III

Dolfan in NYC

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hero probably should have gone right to the main roster when he came back, like AJ, Gallows, and Anderson. I don't think there is anything for him to gain from being brought back to NXT. 

He only got hired to help NXT crowds and work with the kids there, no?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Matt D said:

He only got hired to help NXT crowds and work with the kids there, no?

I believe that was the case.  Maybe he's going to transition from wrestler to occasional wrestler to a coach.  If that's the case and he helps people out then that's not a bad gig to have at all.  I selfishly want him to be pushed to the moon but if he's happy with things then who am I to judge?

• Like 1

Also you are seeing the issue with running 5 match shows where you defend all three of your titles everytime

It is really hard to get all the "important" people on the card

Plus - they were probably told they couldn't have any 3 or 4 ways on this card due to the Summerslam Main Event

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hero probably should have gone right to the main roster when he came back, like AJ, Gallows, and Anderson. I don't think there is anything for him to gain from being brought back to NXT. 

But he does have a lot to lose...

The only thing that bugs me about Ohno's look is the jersey/tiny tights combo. If he wrestled sans shirt like the indies it wouldn't bother me, but if he's going to wear the jersey I wish he'd go with some shorts too.

It's a small nitpick, though.

2 hours ago, steve said:

The only thing that bugs me about Ohno's look is the jersey/tiny tights combo. If he wrestled sans shirt like the indies it wouldn't bother me, but if he's going to wear the jersey I wish he'd go with some shorts too.

It's a small nitpick, though.

Basketball shorts would work better than the trunks, but we can't have two guys with the initials KO both wearing basketball shorts. How will the WWE Universe tell them apart?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Triple H announced that Code Orange Kids will be performing live tonight so one would assume that means they are doing Aleister Black's entrance live

I don't know who performs Black's theme, but it isn't Code Orange - their song "Bleeding In The Blur" is one of the themes for Takeover, so I'd say that's more likely.

On 8/4/2017 at 6:51 PM, mattdangerously said:

Strong not being booked is weird, though.

Well assuming that because Strong got the win against Galloway by DQ (Roode hit Roddy first) and is guaranteed a title show next then wouldn't make you think that we are going to get some fuck finish in the main event that allows Roode to keep the title involving Roderick strong

That sounds like something they would do at Summerslam.  Hell that sounds like something they would 2 or 3 times at Summerslam.  That isn't NXT's strategy.  Can't really remember one of those kind of finishes.   Especially for the main event

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ah - I know none of the new kids new music

But I know there was talk of whoever does Black's theme of performing it live hence the assumption

(Like pretty much everyone post 2012) It's done by CFO$ or whatever they're called.  Black's features a hardcore group I haven't heard of (Incendiary).  

17 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well assuming that because Strong got the win against Galloway by DQ (Roode hit Roddy first) and is guaranteed a title show next then wouldn't make you think that we are going to get some fuck finish in the main event that allows Roode to keep the title involving Roderick strong

That sounds like something they would do at Summerslam.  Hell that sounds like something they would 2 or 3 times at Summerslam.  That isn't NXT's strategy.  Can't really remember one of those kind of finishes.   Especially for the main event

That could still happen, if Ember vs Asuka goes on last and they switch the women's title to send the crowd home happy.

43 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

That could still happen, if Ember vs Asuka goes on last and they switch the women's title to send the crowd home happy.

They never bothered to properly turn Asuka, and Ember doesn't have nearly the amount of crowd support, so I'm not sure how happy the crowd would be.

• Like 1

Yeah based on the crowd reaction last week on TV, Ember isn't as much as  sympathetic person to finish a show on.  Unless they are finally putting Asuka on the main roster and this is end of show ceremony.

Like most Takeover shows we should see a major debut tonight.   Are we finally going to see Adam Cole in NXT?  Maybe Donovan Dijak?