DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER - Brooklyn III

Dolfan in NYC

17090972_nxt-takeover-brooklyn-iii-match

The card has filled up quickly: 

For the NXT Championship:  Bobby Roode (c) vs. Drew McIntyre

For the NXT Women's Championship: Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon

For the NXT Tag Team Championship: The Authors of Pain (c) vs. SAni†Y (Dain/Wolfe)

Johnny Gargano vs. Andrade Almas (with Zolita Vega)

Hideo Itami vs. Kassius Ohno (not official yet)

And I'll be there!

• Like 2

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to NXT TAKEOVER - Brooklyn III
Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Johnny Gargano vs. Andrade Almas (with Zolita Vega)

I swear that Almas hasn't been in one match since maybe his debut match (squashes notwithstanding) where both guys didn't need the win. 

• Like 1

Given the chatter of moving some guys from the main roster to NXT, there's no better time than now for Almas' long lost cousin, Rusev, to come to NXT and help Almas pick up a win.

EL GUAPO MACHKA

• Like 4

Yeah, that's a weird one. On one hand, Roode's character and style will work way better on the main roster than in NXT, so perhaps he should lose and move on. On the other hand, Drew Mac looks like a fucking superstar. He's got the look, he can go in the ring, he can talk on the mic, and he shouldn't waste any more time in NXT. Unfortunately, he also fits in NXT so well too and would probably be a better choice to be the champ than Roode.

• Like 1

Roode has pretty much perfected his act in and out of the ring at this point. I think his promos and matches are strong enough to be a lead heel it's just a question of if they think they need one right now. I'm not a Jinder fan, but I don't hate him either. Corbin bores me, and KO's title run on Raw flopped. So personally I'd like to see Roode get a shot on SDL. They have a loaded babyface roster for him to work with.

IMO, Roode should've been the one to fill the Miz-shaped hole in the Smackdown roster instead of the Kanelli (I think that's the plural of Kanellis). And Mike could've used the NXT seasoning before moving up. Roode/Sami is far and away a more interesting feud that what's going on now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

IMO, Roode should've been the one to fill the Miz-shaped hole in the Smackdown roster instead of the Kanelli (I think that's the plural of Kanellis). And Mike could've used the NXT seasoning before moving up. Roode/Sami is far and away a more interesting feud that what's going on now.

Maria is the plural of Kanellis.  The Mike is silent.

• Like 16
  • Haha 3

On 7/31/2017 at 0:23 PM, Craig H said:

Yeah, that's a weird one. On one hand, Roode's character and style will work way better on the main roster than in NXT, so perhaps he should lose and move on. On the other hand, Drew Mac looks like a fucking superstar. He's got the look, he can go in the ring, he can talk on the mic, and he shouldn't waste any more time in NXT. Unfortunately, he also fits in NXT so well too and would probably be a better choice to be the champ than Roode.

Also, Roode is 40.  McIntyre is 32.  Drew can afford to spend a little more time in NXT.

10 hours ago, JCM said:

I think they'd rather have Roode headlining NXT shows than being a midcard geek on SDL.

Roode can be a main eventer on SDL or Raw if they want him to be.  I don't see why anyone doubts that.

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Roode can be a main eventer on SDL or Raw if they want him to be.  I don't see why anyone doubts that.

I don't doubt it as you can see in my post above that. I'm saying they'd rather have him as NXT ace than in Mike Bennet's role as was suggested before my post.

Not sure about Itami/Black from a booking standpoint. The match should be good, but Hideo is just starting to get his legs under him as a heel and probably shouldn't be jobbed out so soon. Black could afford the loss here, but I don't see it happening.

I was expecting an Itami/Ohno rematch as it seemed like they had unresolved issues from their first bout, plus you had Itami talking a lot of shit about him.  Itami/Black has the potential to be all kinds of awesome so I'm fine with getting that on the card instead though it does suck that Ohno isn't getting a spot as he's been aces since his return.  As far as who wins, I think Black can afford the loss more than Itami as Itami is still building momentum since his return and getting this new heel persona up and running.  Black still has plenty of momentum as long as he looks strong throughout the match and Itami gains traction being the first person to hand Black a loss.  Since they're both been established as effective strikers, it would work really well if they go with a Rocky II type ending of both guys KOing eachother but one of them just barely beating a 10 count to get back up.

I see no need for them to continue Black's undefeated streak - they can only run that angle so many times before it loses its effect. Itami winning with some heelish bullshit should be good enough to protect them both.

Has there been any word on why Ohno hasn't done a damn thing since his return?

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I see no need for them to continue Black's undefeated streak - they can only run that angle so many times before it loses its effect. Itami winning with some heelish bullshit should be good enough to protect them both.

Has there been any word on why Ohno hasn't done a damn thing since his return?

I think I agree with you regarding Black. Black is probably my favorite dude in NXT right now. Hell, he may be in my top favorite singles wrestlers right now, but him dropping a loss to Itami isn't going to hurt him.

And count me in for being puzzled as to why Ohno is barely being used.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

I don't follow NXT closely, but I can see Ohno isn't on the card which is odd and also why isn't Roderick Strong on the card either? Is he injured?