DVDVR Message Board

SDL is AJ The Thief - 7/25/2017

Dolfan in NYC

I'm so glad I didn't watch Battleground.  Only thing I saw while briefly awake from dozing on the couch was Khali's return.  I saw that, said "Heh, they did bring him back."  then fell asleep soon after the match ended.  Which is great because I can quite easily pretend Nak/Corbin never happened on that show and just remember this one from SD.  And man was that a good one, really enjoyed Nak being awesome.  Couldn't help but laugh hysterically at the idea of Cena/Nak on next week's show, but that could be a good one.  And everything about that pic Dolphan posted is weird as fuck, talk about some alternate timeline shit.

And that minute of Smackin' Talk made me sad.  Renee and Daniel are so wonderfully great together and it sucks knowing the show's largely gone save for specials.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

It's like a WWE 2K storyline gone horribly wrong.

Why the fuck are they giving away Cena vs Nakamura for the first time on a fucking SmackDown?  That's WCW-level throwing money away.

Eh, creative has never let us down before.  I'm confident they know what they're doing. [/delusion]

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Why the fuck are they giving away Cena vs Nakamura for the first time on a fucking SmackDown?  That's WCW-level throwing money away.

Business model is different. People pay 10 bucks a month for the network now, not 50 or 60 bucks for a PPV. The whole "throwing money away" thing doesn't work the same way it used to twenty years ago.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - y'all need to accept that, except for the Big 4, PPVs aren't as important to them anymore

Yes, but one of those big 4 is the next pay per view!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Why beat Mike Kannelis two nights in a row like that? Are they sour on him already? 

2 hours ago, JimBob Skeeter said:

Word is they are.

New record or close to it, I understand why. Who the fuck hired Mike Bennett?

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

This.

'Throwing money away.'

They make 150 million a year on TV rights.   Booking quality TV main events should be a priority. 

Would you guys rather have Cena/Nak vs Jinder/Owens in a holla, holla tag team match?