DVDVR Message Board

SDL is AJ The Thief - 7/25/2017

Dolfan in NYC

14 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Why beat Mike Kannelis two nights in a row like that? Are they sour on him already? 

A couple rumors suggest this may be the case.   I think WWE overestimated things on this one.  They wanted Maria back in the company, but didn't count on her being new to some fans and older fans still waiting for her to be a ditz from several years past.  She's kind of running cold right now. Also, she's the clear star of the duo, but she can't generate heat walking around the ring as Mike gets pinned.  She needs a female stable which would allow her to interact with the women's division.

• Like 1

Why not just let Maria/Mike recreate The Kingdom. That would be way better than this lame power of love thing. I'm not sure who could fill the roles, but they could easily  become a dependable midcard heel stable in no time.

• Like 1

Mike's no great shakes in the ring, but tremendous theme aside this gimmick is going to do them both in.  He's great at being a super cocky heel that brags about having a hot wife.  Doing something like that would be worlds better than what we're getting now.

The other thing about the Kenellises is that they were brought straight to the main roster. Nak, Joe, Zayn, KO and a wealth of other talents had to go through NXT but this was a gimmick they felt comfortable going straight to TV with? 

#BellaTwinsPoliticalHit

13 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

The other thing about the Kenellises is that they were brought straight to the main roster. Nak, Joe, Zayn, KO and a wealth of other talents had to go through NXT but this was a gimmick they felt comfortable going straight to TV with? 

#BellaTwinsPoliticalHit

They would have been a hit in NXT just for their theme.  It is strange they went straight to Smackdown, but maybe they felt they needed to get more people on the brand.  Me personally I'd have Mike/Maria in NXT and bring up Heavy Machinery, they're goofy and awesome enough to be a hit wherever they go.

• Like 1

The gimmick of an obnoxious couple can work and that theme is out of control great, but that whole TNA run showed me nothing that Mike should be anything other than a Tye Dillenger level singles act.  I can't really see them getting out of NXT workwise.

2 things:

1. Jinder's promo sounded like a serious Ultimate Warrior promo.

2. I tuned in specifically to watch a Nak match to see if what y'all were saying was true about him coasting and got to see him kick Vorbin's face off.  so thanks for that.

2a. Shane is looking bigger than Steph in the chestital area.

On 7/27/2017 at 8:54 AM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

#BellaTwinsPoliticalHit

Nak and Joe were in NXT to help the touring brand. 

On 7/27/2017 at 4:51 AM, Sky Blue Sam said:

Problem is, they already feel like a cut-price Miz and Maryse, without giving them a knock-off Miztourage.

Maria has turned into a much better performer than Maryse. Maryse only role is to make Miz tolerable. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Victator said:

Nak and Joe were in NXT to help the touring brand. 

Oh yeah I'm aware of the reasoning. Even though they're not big stars like some of those listed, I just still feel that they could've helped bolster a somewhat thinning roster while fine-tuning their act at the same time.