DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Emma's Dating Habits - 7/24/2017

Dolfan in NYC

20 hours ago, nofuture said:

So Jason Jordon couldn't do either an Angle Slam or an ankle lock?  Where's the continuity?

Did he "WOO?"  I bet he didn't even "WOO".

This angle is going to unintentionally end up getting Jordan over as a heel, which is better than coming out to crickets the past two weeks.

They should have just gone with the Steph/Angle affair. I think Hunter's spot in the family is safe. I'm sure Steph had ample opportunities to dump HHH if she wanted to.

I like that Dean Ambrose has finally done the whole "really won't let go of a grudge" thing when it actually makes sense. They could finally get around to completing Rollins' face turn with a logical and potentially emotional angle. Plus the cut away to Sheamus and Cesaro watching suggesting that Rollins and Ambrose could be a full-time team for a little while could be really good for both of them. They could have great matches with Sheamus/Cesaro and the Revival for sure, plus there's the "dream match" against the Hardys at some point.

Sasha/Bayley was pretty good, although I hated the finish. I hope they don't do the millionth "completely unexpected heart wrenching" heel turn with those two just because that trope has been run into the ground over the last few months. I think they should flip the script and have Bayley turn. They can do a subversion of the festival of friendship in the form of a Bayley championship celebration. Have Sasha say she has a special gift for her friend, then Bayley unleashes a vicious pre-emptive strike and beats Sasha down saying I'm not falling for this again blah blah blah. Then it's revealed that Sasha actually did just have a sweet thoughtful gift in the box.

• Like 2

Creatively Bayley is stagnant.

It is clear that she knows she needs a change and is scared to make that change because she might upset some kids who cheered her at Full Sail. Right now she needs a major change and I don't know if that is a heel turn. But at the very least she needs a real mean streak. Dramatically she needs to beat Alexa Bliss with a cane. 

When asked what about smiles on faces. She explains, hurting people makes her smile. 

At the moment she is two steps away from being Norma The Lunatic. 

Bayley doesn't need to be heel, it'd piss away merch money for the company and it'd be hard to imagine her believably doing that.  But having more of an edge would do wonders for her and I can see that happening sooner rather than later.  I don't think she's afraid to do it, and listening to her on Stone Cold's podcast she seems to have some good ideas for where to take this.

Speaking of her that was a damn fine match between her and Sasha.  While I wish that was a Summerslam match it is nice to see they have that great chemistry together.  And while Sasha was told to get out of the ring, before that there was a nice moment of them looking at each other wondering where they go from here.  Really curious to see what happens in the weeks leading up the show.

6 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Jordan isn't going to accidentally become a heel, that's the point of all this. He's supposed to become a heel, coaches son and all that.

Do you really think this company is competent enough for that to be the plan all along? I think they expected Jordan to get a big pop when Angle announced he was his son. Maybe he would have had American Alpha not been cooled like a corpse.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Do you really think this company competent enough for that to be the plan all along? I think they expected Jordan to get a big pop when Angle announced he was his son. Maybe he would have had American Alpha not been cooled like a corpse.

I think that's exactly where the storyline is going. Jordan will gradually use daddy's influence to get title matches, or guilt Kurt into giving him title matches.

AA was in trouble on Smackdown as soon as Slater & Rhyno got over huge right out of the box with the fans. Sure, they can have good matches, but the fans had chosen someone else as their favorites, and they never really recovered.

27 minutes ago, Dewar said:

AA was in trouble on Smackdown as soon as Slater & Rhyno got over huge right out of the box with the fans. Sure, they can have good matches, but the fans had chosen someone else as their favorites, and they never really recovered.

I think they got snake bit by Slater and Rhyno having a stretch where people bought into their promos that was fantastic.  Was the injury angle on them just an angle or was someone actually hurt?  And then in the process of them being hurt, the Usos got injured so what should have been a hot feud for revenge got cooled off.  Plus, in NXT, the odd couple mic work got them over on top of the the fans, they never really got to be characters in promos.  That's sort of a curse of how NXT's hot period.  People like Bayley and Alpha had story arcs, but you end up with a problem:  You can't reboot someone and have them go from lovable loser to person who fights their way from irrelevance to winning the championship as it's a rehash but at the same time because maybe a quarter to half the people have already seen the story, but the other half of their audience hasn't so has no reason to be invested in this story.

10 hours ago, Victator said:

Creatively Bayley is stagnant.

It is clear that she knows she needs a change

If you listened to her episodes on the Steve Austin Show, she seems to be aware of this.

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Bayley doesn't need to be heel, it'd piss away merch money for the company

They done goofed and pissed away a good deal of it all on their own by my reckoning. 

Not saying that necessitates a heel turn, but the ceiling's been lowered. 

I heard her on the Austin show and she seems to be paralyzed by indecision. She is scared of changing anything and does not understand making no choice is a choice. 

The kids are going to turn on her anyway when they realize she is lame and scared to fight. I hope she does make some change because she is very talented. Too talented to waste her time on a dead end Norma the Lunatic gimmick. Or ending up like Nick Dinsmore, who was a very talented wrestler, but is trapped in a terrible gimmick. 

Time and time again, WWE has proven the best way to salvage a floundering babyface is a heel turn.

Typecasting her as a face is only going to hold her back. Yeah, she had a great face run in NXT, and you can watch that whole arc play out from start to finish on the WWE network for just $9.99 a month. It's not having the same success on the main roster, though, and letting her try something different has to be better than trying to put the square peg in the round hole (although that is WWE's favorite booking method).

• Like 1

When I was in college, Star Trek Voyager had just begun. My roommate and I chuckled for the first few eps because there was something about Kate Mulgrew that made her seem like she was always on the verge of tears. (She got over it.) 

Bayley is like that for me. Something about her eyes makes her seem ready to break down, even when she's mad and focused. It makes it hard for me to take her seriously, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:03 PM, Overly Critical Man said:

Nah, they're gonna release Emma. Remember what company we're dealing with here.

Emma pretty much wrote her own ticket out of the company when she didn't even attempt the Emmalina gimmick.   Heck, they probably saw her IG where she constantly posts bikini photos and thought the internet model thing would interest her. But then she apparently bombed during rehearsals and they killed it.

I understand that she wants to be an actual wrestler, but I think she could have done both.  She's not in position to turn down gimmicks or fail badly during practice.  Not when she struggles for time or is regularly injured.

Emma's time has just passed, that's life as a wrestler sometimes. Her first main roster run didn't work out, then she got passed on the pecking order by Becky/Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley/Nia when they were called up. Now they are about to hire another crop of women's wrestlers, while Ruby/Nikki/Asuka are ready to come up whenever the time comes. There isn't a spot for Emma, besides just being Main Event fodder. Sometimes wrestlers just get one chance, she probably didn't do anything wrong, it just didn't click and she got injured at a bad time.

8 hours ago, Kronos said:

When I was in college, Star Trek Voyager had just begun. My roommate and I chuckled for the first few eps because there was something about Kate Mulgrew that made her seem like she was always on the verge of tears. (She got over it.) 

Bayley is like that for me. Something about her eyes makes her seem ready to break down, even when she's mad and focused. It makes it hard for me to take her seriously, unfortunately. 

Now that you mention it she does have that look about her.  By her own admission she's a very emotional person and if she can't even be herself but have that edge then that could be a big problem for her.  Acting classes would be highly recommended to help rein in that emotion.  I am glad they at least dropped the stupid shit they were thinking of for Summerslam (the whole kissing Corey part that some nitwit thought of)  She does seem much more competent than the build for the past matches against Alexa so there's hope that she gets things full back on track.

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well I don't know what their plan is but Sasha has been having great matches, she's been getting nice reactions and she's one of the more marketable women they have..   I think her not being involved in a match at SummerSlam would be pretty damn stupid 

Sasha probably wins her way into the SS match, furthering the tension between Bayley and her.  If not, she can work a match with Nia for the #1 Contendership at No Mercy.  It's a 4 hour show, so I doubt they'll only have 2 women's matches. 

• Like 1